DCE/thread support
Author Message
 DCE/thread support

Hi,

        We're looking for a Cobol environment supporting the development
of DCE applications.  Specifically, we'd like native cobol support
complete with thread safe run-time libraries.  Please let us know if you
have any experience/recomendations in this area.

thanks!
Dan

p.s. My email is probably broken, please post replies.

Fri, 12 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 DCE/thread support

Quote:

> Hi,

>         We're looking for a Cobol environment supporting the development
> of DCE applications.  Specifically, we'd like native cobol support
> complete with thread safe run-time libraries.  Please let us know if you
> have any experience/recomendations in this area.

Hi Dan.

I`m not sure quite what you`re after (I don`t know enough about DCE, I`m afraid)
but I do know that the Micro Focus Unix product does have a set of DCE_ calls
(like our CBL_ calls) which put a COBOL-like wrapper around the DCE libraries
(by COBOL-like, I mean the interface is defined in terms more natural to a COBOL
program than the C API is. They might also do some nice housekeeping for you
too, though I can`t guarantee that). Having said that, you can, of course, call
the C API directly from any 32-bit Micro Focus product.

Sorry I can`t be of any more use, I guess you should contact the Micro Focus
sales department if you`re interested. They may have some literature for you.

Cheers, Kev.

--

These views are strictly my own. I doubt that anyone else would want them.
STUFF FOR SALE: <A HREF="http://ds.dial.pipex.com/kevin.digweed/">Here!</A>

Sat, 13 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Trouble with Smalltalk and DCE Threads

2. Microfocus Cobol DCE support

3. DCE Thread problem

4. Unix debugging tools that support threads

5. Any Scheme implementations that support threads?

6. Support for real threads

7. Verilog Simulator Supporting Multi-threading !!

8. NetBSD 1.4.2/sparc won't compile Python w/thread support from ports collection

9. install on linux with thread support

10. Attribute support and multi-threading for Pyro

11. Python 1.5.2 thread support

12. Are Threads or Pthreads supported in HP-UX and Python on HP-UX :)