Help with MF Cobol/Unix/EOF Condition
Author Message
 Help with MF Cobol/Unix/EOF Condition

I am converting a system from SCO Unix to Solaris using Micro Focus Cobol 3.1.

Everything has gone well until now. The system reads a line sequential file
(actually a comma delimited file from a PC Banking product) and the problem is that
for some reason EOF is not being detected. The program is receiving a file status
"00" even though the file should be at EOF "10". Of course silly things then happen
cos the data in the record is garbage.

Any ideas. I have made sure there is a ctrl Z as the last character of the file. I
removed it and tried again. Stood on my head and tried again....:-)

Thanks

Phil Eldridge

Sun, 29 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with MF Cobol/Unix/EOF Condition

: I am converting a system from SCO Unix to Solaris using Micro Focus
: Cobol 3.1.
: [On a line sequential file] for some reason EOF is not being detected.

It seems to work in this environment for me, but I always use "at end"
rather than file status.  If you haven't tried this, it may be your
answer.

Good luck,

Victor Odhner,  Phoenix AZ        http://www.primenet.com/~vodhner

Sun, 29 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. MF Cobol/Unix/Menus - HELP!

2. Help! MF COBOL and UNIX NFS

3. Help: MF Cobol - File Status 25 under Unix

4. MF COBOL and EOF

5. Info/Advice needed on IBM Cobol 2 to MF Unix Cobol conversion

6. MF Cobol/2 V1.3 for SCO UNIX

7. Chicago MF COBOL/Unix Openings

8. MF COBOL on UNIX: Report Writer?

9. MF COBOL on UNIX: Report Writer?

10. MF COBOL on UNIX: cobputenv question

11. MF Cobol (unix) "flat" files

12. MF Cobol / SCO Unix / Memory Deallocation