HELP:MF COBOL 1.2 ON Windows NT Server 4.0 (SP3)
Author Message
 HELP:MF COBOL 1.2 ON Windows NT Server 4.0 (SP3)

I have a program running on a network, using as server  Windows NT 4.0 with
Service Pack 3 and as terminals PCs with Windows 95 B (the hard disk drives
are formatted with FAT 32). The protocol is TCP/IP. The connection is using
a Hub (UTP).The compiler i am using is Microfocus Cobol 1.2

The problem i have is that files get corrupted every day (9-041) [Corrupt
indexed file].
When i've copied all files and programs to one PC and ran the program there,
no problem occured.

If you've met this situation and found some solution please let me know.

Thank you

Goulioumis Fotis

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP:MF COBOL 1.2 ON Windows NT Server 4.0 (SP3)
In case you run the program on the win95 client and the files live on
the winnt server, you are opening the files across the network. my
solution for this would simply be: do not open files across networks
because the files break when you have communication problems.

This means that the programs have to run on the nt server and only send
their screens to the win95 clients.

(maybe this won't help you much becaus it is a completely different
architecture)

juergen ibelgaufts

Dataware ?D? schrieb:

Quote:

> I have a program running on a network, using as server  Windows NT 4.0 with
> Service Pack 3 and as terminals PCs with Windows 95 B (the hard disk drives
> are formatted with FAT 32). The protocol is TCP/IP. The connection is using
> a Hub (UTP).The compiler i am using is Microfocus Cobol 1.2

> The problem i have is that files get corrupted every day (9-041) [Corrupt
> indexed file].
> When i've copied all files and programs to one PC and ran the program there,
> no problem occured.

> If you've met this situation and found some solution please let me know.

> Thank you

> Goulioumis Fotis

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS/MF Cobol 16bit and Windows NT 4.0

2. Summer 87 on Windows NT Workstation 4.0 w/SP3

3. Mise a jour de Xbase 1.1 a 1.2 sous Windows nt server 3.51

4. Upgrade Xbase++ 1.1 to 1.2 and Windows Nt server 3.51

5. PowerStation 4.0 and NT 4.0 SP3

6. Micro Focus COBOL for Windows 95 and NT Server 4.0

7. MS Windows NT Server 4.0, Terminal Server Edition

8. MS Windows NT Server 4.0 - Terminal Server Edition

9. MF NetExpress and Personal Cobol on Same NT 4.0 System

10. MF Cobol 4.0 on NT Thread Safe ?

11. Clarion 4a on NT Workstation 4.0 SP3

12. Can't create swapfile under NT 4.0 SP3