Cobol Export to Dbase/Text/access/Foxpro or paradox
Author Message
 Cobol Export to Dbase/Text/access/Foxpro or paradox

Hi

I have a Cobol Database (MS-DOS) and i must export to a new Database also
Dbase/Text/access/Foxpro or paradox

have anyone a tool and can help me?

thanks

martin

Tue, 21 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Cobol Export to Dbase/Text/access/Foxpro or paradox

What do you mean by a 'COBOL database', if it's VSAM, you'll prbably have to
knock up a program to output as a comma-delimited file (eg surround string
with ", put a comma between each field - all of the PC database packages
will import this type of file without programming. An alternative, if you
can get at your base data with ODBC, is to use something like Delphi/VB etc
(there is a 'VSAM ODBC' somewhere out there, but I haven't used it - maybe
somebody else has?

DaveJ.

Quote:

>Hi

>I have a Cobol Database (MS-DOS) and i must export to a new Database also
>Dbase/Text/access/Foxpro or paradox

>have anyone a tool and can help me?

>thanks

>martin

Tue, 21 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Cobol Export to Dbase/Text/access/Foxpro or paradox

Quote:

> What do you mean by a 'COBOL database', if it's VSAM, you'll prbably have to
> knock up a program to output as a comma-delimited file (eg surround string
> with ", put a comma between each field - all of the PC database packages
> will import this type of file without programming. An alternative, if you
> can get at your base data with ODBC, is to use something like Delphi/VB etc
> (there is a 'VSAM ODBC' somewhere out there, but I haven't used it - maybe
> somebody else has?

The name of the tool is Relational DataBridge.  See
http://www.liant.com/products/retooling/databridge/index.html

HOWEVER, Phoenix Data Systems didn't indicate the dialect of COBOL which
will determine the particular dialect of Relational DataBridge (RDB)
required.  If this is what is needed, call 1-800-762-6265.

BTW, since the system resides on MS-DOS, VSAM is unlikely.  The good
news id that RDB supports the industry leaders on MS-DOS platforms.  It
also supports MVS VSAM in a client server mode.

Quote:

> DaveJ.

> >Hi

> >I have a Cobol Database (MS-DOS) and i must export to a new Database also
> >Dbase/Text/access/Foxpro or paradox

[snip]

--

Liant Software Corporation   http://www.liant.com/
512-343-1010  FAX:512-343-9487

Fri, 24 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. TCL Database Access Extensions for xBase/FoxPro/DBase

2. TCL Extensions: NATIVE access to xBase/DBase and FoxPro

3. Rewriting old dBase II - III, Foxbase, Foxpro programs to Foxpro 2.6 for Windows and VFP

4. Combine databases COBOL/FOXPRO/FOXBASE/BASIC/CLIPPER/DBASE/SQL/GUPTA etc with Impromptu 3.0

5. US-CA-LA PROGRAMMER NEEDED MICROFOCUS COBOL PARADOX MS ACCESS

6. Accessing dbase database with mf cobol

7. look for a dBase or Paradox interface for TAWK (native without using dll nor BDE)

8. dBASE & Paradox Database Drivers Available for C5

9. Help - Paradox to dBase

10. Exporting from CLARION to Paradox

11. convert DBASE IV ver. 2.0 to Foxpro

12. Problem with Foxpro/Dbase Driver