Author Message
 VS COBOL to COBOL II - Need Help

Quote:

>Hi

[snip]

Quote:

>WRITE XXXXXX FROM YYYYYYY
>AFTER POSITIONING ASA

>In Cobol II it does not allow the positioning command and ASA.
>In this case to jump 2 lines.

>My question is: Is there a way Cobol II accepts the ASA?

Not as far as I know; to the best of my knowledge the code has to be
changed to a WRITE XXX FROM YYY AFTER ADVANCING 2.

... of course, if you've been following this newsgroup, you would know
that a truly dedicated and brilliant coder, devoted the the arcana of his
craft and the advancement of All Worldly Knowledge, pointed out in an
earlier thread that the ADVANCING is optional.

... oh, did I mention that he is modest, too?

(ding bing it... I get one right and my head done swole up so much I gotta
git a new hat!)

DD

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VS COBOL to COBOL II - Need Help

The following URL points to the section of the IBM Migration Guide that
tells you what to do with WRITE AFTER POSITIONING. (The information is
almost (?) as good as DD's)  :)

http://ppdbooks.pok.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/IGYMG20...

(make certain that you get all of that from "http" thru "4.1.7") The
information on WRITE is the last part of that section.

--
+ +
+   Bill Klein -

Quote:

>Hi

>I am busy doing, at work, a conversion from VS COBOL to COBOL II and
>one of the things that is giving a lot of trouble is changing the:

>01  PRT-LINE.
>   05  ASA      PIC  X(001) VALUE '-'.
>   05 LINE      PIC  X(132) VALUE SPACES.

>WRITE XXXXXX FROM YYYYYYY
>AFTER POSITIONING ASA

>In Cobol II it does not allow the positioning command and ASA.
>In this case to jump 2 lines.

>My question is: Is there a way Cobol II accepts the ASA?

>Regards

>Carlos

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VS COBOL to COBOL II - Need Help

Hi

I am busy doing, at work, a conversion from VS COBOL to COBOL II and
one of the things that is giving a lot of trouble is changing the:

01  PRT-LINE.
   05  ASA      PIC  X(001) VALUE '-'.
   05 LINE      PIC  X(132) VALUE SPACES.

WRITE XXXXXX FROM YYYYYYY
AFTER POSITIONING ASA

In Cobol II it does not allow the positioning command and ASA.
In this case to jump 2 lines.

My question is: Is there a way Cobol II accepts the ASA?

Regards

Carlos

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VS COBOL II vs. COBOL/370

2. os/vs cobol vs cobol II

3. New CICS removes Translator support for VS COBOL II (and OS/VS COBOL)

4. OS/VS COBOL to VS COBOL II

5. IBM COBOL post-VS COBOL II

6. Differences between VS COBOL II and COBOL for MVS and VM

7. MicroFocus COBOL vs. Mainframe COBOL II

8. Bull Cobol vs MVS Cobol-II

9. VS COBOL II to COBOL/400 conversion query

10. COBOL/370 vs. COBOL II TRUNC option

11. os/vs cobol to cobol II for mvs

12. COBOL II vs. ANS COBOL