Fujitsu 4.2 - Print to a dot matrix printer
Author Message
 Fujitsu 4.2 - Print to a dot matrix printer

Hi out there,

I would like to use a dot matrix printer in a project.

I develop a commercial program for a client.
In that kind of program there is a lot of output to a printer.
I use PowerForm to create the form of a list. I write the code as it is in
the manual.
I compile it . All is ok.
When I run it I have ... a page of graphics and 5 minutes of printing (may
be more).

I rewrite the program wirhout the PowerForm's help in plain COBOL.
When I run it I have ... very small graphics (again ?) and about the same
time of printing.

So far my default printer was "IBM Proprinter III" ,  I changed the default
printer to "Generic/Text only" the result was that the two versions of my
program don't work.

The questions that I want to make are ,
- CAN we print ascii characters to a dot matrix printer using or not using
PowerForm ?
- Can we print invoices with Fujitsu PowerCobol to a dot matrix printer ?
- It is better to return to DOS and use RmCobol or something else ?

Thanks , in advance
Dimitris Kostoulas

Sat, 10 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fujitsu 4.2 - Print to a dot matrix printer
The only ways I know of to hande this are to write to a file then use
bytestream routines to send to the printer, or to use COBOL FormPrint
from Flexus, which DOES support generic text printers.

Quote:

> Hi out there,

> I would like to use a dot matrix printer in a project.

> I develop a commercial program for a client.
> In that kind of program there is a lot of output to a printer.
> I use PowerForm to create the form of a list. I write the code as it is in
> the manual.
> I compile it . All is ok.
> When I run it I have ... a page of graphics and 5 minutes of printing (may
> be more).

> I rewrite the program wirhout the PowerForm's help in plain COBOL.
> When I run it I have ... very small graphics (again ?) and about the same
> time of printing.

> So far my default printer was "IBM Proprinter III" ,  I changed the default
> printer to "Generic/Text only" the result was that the two versions of my
> program don't work.

> The questions that I want to make are ,
> - CAN we print ascii characters to a dot matrix printer using or not using
> PowerForm ?
> - Can we print invoices with Fujitsu PowerCobol to a dot matrix printer ?
> - It is better to return to DOS and use RmCobol or something else ?

> Thanks , in advance
> Dimitris Kostoulas

-------------------------
Trust the computer industry to shorten "Year 2000" to Y2K.  It was
this
kind of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Try a better search engine: http://www.google.com

Visit my updated website at
http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/2006/

Sat, 10 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing in draft mode on dot-matrix printer

2. Problem Printing To Network Dot Matrix Printer

3. Printing to Dot Matrix Printers

4. Printing to Dot Matrix printers

5. Printing to DOT Matrix Printers SLOOOW from CW5

6. Form Printing on Dot Matrix Printers

7. Printing Labels on a Dot Matrix Printer

8. Printing text in a dot matrix printer

9. Win XP and printing to a dot matrix printer

10. Dot Matrix printers vs. Ink-jet/laser printers

11. Fujitsu Software Corp special offering on Fujitsu COBOL 4.2 (V4L20)

12. Fujitsu Software Corp special offering on Fujitsu COBOL 4.2