SQL/ODBC for fujitsu cobol
Author Message
 SQL/ODBC for fujitsu cobol

Can I use the embedded SQL in the 'free' COBOL to reach a MS-ACCESS database
?

Will the 'purchased' version do this ?

Fri, 03 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL/ODBC for fujitsu cobol
I have been trying to do that with the "free" version 4 that came with the
"Mastering Cobol" book. So far with no success. (Getting some kind of a
GPF).

Unfortunately, Fujitsu did not include the complete SQL sample in the free
version that is on the CD, it only has the cobol source, not the mdb and the
inf files - so maybe my mistakes are there.

Ron.

Quote:
> Can I use the embedded SQL in the 'free' COBOL to reach a MS-ACCESS
database
> ?

> Will the 'purchased' version do this ?

Sat, 04 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL/ODBC for fujitsu cobol
I've never tried the 'free' version, but the purchased one sure does it.
I have used it with  V4L10 and now with V4L20.

Quote:
> Can I use the embedded SQL in the 'free' COBOL to reach a MS-ACCESS
database
> ?

> Will the 'purchased' version do this ?

Sat, 04 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL/ODBC for fujitsu cobol
There was a note in this NG sometime back about certain
features being unavailable in the FJ V4 that comes on a
CD packaged with some books on COBOL. One of the
missing features - as I recall - was ODBC access.

Quote:
> I have been trying to do that with the "free" version 4 that came
with the
> "Mastering Cobol" book. So far with no success. (Getting some kind
of a
> GPF).

> Unfortunately, Fujitsu did not include the complete SQL sample in
the free
> version that is on the CD, it only has the cobol source, not the mdb
and the
> inf files - so maybe my mistakes are there.

> Ron.

> > Can I use the embedded SQL in the 'free' COBOL to reach a
MS-ACCESS
> database
> > ?

> > Will the 'purchased' version do this ?

Sat, 04 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Fujitsu COBOL -- 45,000 Developers Receive Fujitsu COBOL at Microsoft Developer Days

2. SQL Fujitsu's COBOL V.3

3. Fujitsu COBOL 4.0 using ODBC

4. Embedded SQL and Fujitsu COBOL

5. ACCESS 97 SQL and Fujitsu COBOL

6. Fujitsu Cobol 3.0 - Embedded SQL

7. Fujitsu Cobol SQL Access

8. Fujitsu Cobol / ODBC Questions

9. Fujitsu COBOL and SQL

10. SQL SUBSTRING format in Fujitsu COBOL (PARADOX)

11. MF COBOL, SQL Server & ODBC

12. Fujitsu Software Corp special offering on Fujitsu COBOL 4.2 (V4L20)