Help with MF Visual Object Cobol
Author Message
 Help with MF Visual Object Cobol

We are MF Cobol developpers under DOS. We want to migrate to windows
environement and we have downloaded Visoc demo (from Micro Focus). But when
we are editing the resources file (creatin a new application using gui
templates) we can't find the main window to edit an add new controls
(dialog boxes, entry fields, ...). We can only access to the about_dialog

Thank you from Spain.

Sun, 18 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with MF Visual Object Cobol

Rather than use the Micro Focus stuff - their primary windows development
thrust is their DIALOG system, not the Visoc.  There are other solutions
that you may want to look at:

There is demo of an excellent Windows Development tool, that works
extrememly well with a variety of PC COBOL variants at
http://www.flexus.com

Quote:
> We are MF Cobol developpers under DOS. We want to migrate to windows
> environement and we have downloaded Visoc demo (from Micro Focus). But
when
> we are editing the resources file (creatin a new application using gui
> templates) we can't find the main window to edit an add new controls
> (dialog boxes, entry fields, ...). We can only access to the about_dialog

> Thank you from Spain.

Mon, 19 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with MF Visual Object Cobol

Quote:

>We are MF Cobol developpers under DOS. We want to migrate to windows
>environement and we have downloaded Visoc demo (from Micro Focus). But when
>we are editing the resources file (creatin a new application using gui
>templates) we can't find the main window to edit an add new controls
>(dialog boxes, entry fields, ...). We can only access to the about_dialog

>Thank you from Spain.

There's an easier way to accomplish your goal.  Get an eval copy of
COBOL sp2 at http://www.flexus.com for your Micor Focus compiler and
you won't have to worry about editing any resource files or writing
any API code.

Check out The Flexus COBOL Page at http://www.flexus.com

Mon, 19 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with MF Visual Object Cobol

Quote:
>Rather than use the Micro Focus stuff - their primary windows development
>thrust is their DIALOG system, not the Visoc....

The times they are a-changing here at Micro Focus.  Our stratergy into
the Year2000 is
        1) Dialog System for "average" COBOL programers to enter the GUI world
- the tool also has an automatic C/S partitioning aid.
        2) NetExpress' Form Designer for "power" COBOL programmers who want to
create low level Win32 only GUIs
        3) NetExpress' Form Designer for people who want to put COBOL on the
WWW in conjunction with ActiveX and Java
        4) NetExpress' Form Express for people who want to put COBOL on the
WWW automatically
        5) The Resource Editor in VisOC is a simple entry level C++ compatible
tool.

The good news is that ALL of the above tools are packaged together in
a single product called NETEXPRESS due for release March 28th in the
UK (don't know the release date for other countries - sorry). The
product also includes a whole bunch of data/language/connection tools.
Check out http://www.microfocus.com for details of your nearest
support rep.

thanks

Tue, 20 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with MF Visual Object Cobol

Quote:

>>We are MF Cobol developpers under DOS. We want to migrate to windows
>>environement and we have downloaded Visoc demo (from Micro Focus). But when
>>we are editing the resources file (creatin a new application using gui
>>templates) we can't find the main window to edit an add new controls
>>(dialog boxes, entry fields, ...). We can only access to the about_dialog

>>Thank you from Spain.

Fernado,   I suggest you also take a look at http://www.esiusa.com as
well.    Using Mpact, a GUI COBOL 4GL toolset, you'll have the ability
to do repository based, high level application specification and
development, and then generate your  COBOL applications.  Support for
different file types such as ISAM, Btrieve, ODBC and others is
supported and reuse of your existing COBOL code is supported as well.

Tue, 20 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with MF Visual Object Cobol

Quote:
> >>We are MF Cobol developpers under DOS. We want to migrate to windows
> >>environement and we have downloaded Visoc demo (from Micro Focus). But
when
> >>we are editing the resources file (creatin a new application using gui
> >>templates) we can't find the main window to edit an add new controls
> >>(dialog boxes, entry fields, ...). We can only access to the
about_dialog

I've had the same problem, after double clicking on the dialog group I
selected
File new. This was my mistake and it may be the same as yours. When you
make this mistake the dialog editor opens a new file, instead of this you
should select the edit menu and choose new dialog. After this a new dialog
is created for the current resource-file.
Peter, Amsterdam

Fri, 23 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. MF Visual Object Cobol

2. MF Visual Object COBOL - Love it, hate it, love it

3. MF Visual Object COBOL odbc complient?

4. MF Visual Object COBOL Ripoff

5. Help with MF COBOL V3 & Visual Basic

6. Visual Object Cobol: please help me!

7. Help on Visual Object Cobol

8. VISUAL OBJECT COBOL (HELP)

9. MF Visual Cobol and MS SourceSafe

10. MF Visual OO COBOL

11. Calling MF Cobol from MS Visual Basic

12. MF COBOL with Visual Basic Interface How can