Year 2000 course available
Author Message
 Year 2000 course available

Just a short post to let you know I have just finished creating a one day
course, "Year 2000 Techniques for Application Programmers" that may be of
interest to a few folks in this group.

The focus is simply on "how to" use a couple of available facilities to
work with dates that only have two-digit years. There are two hands-on
labs, a Sort and a program (starter code is supplied; lab requires
changing).

Essentially, the course discusses how to use Sort's Y2K facilities (DFSORT
and SyncSort) and how to use LE services to deal with two digit years.
This second part of the course is multi-lingual, so students can run lab
in COBOL, C, PL/I or Assembler.

Regards,

Steve Comstock
Denver, Colorado
USA

telephone: 800-993-8716
or:        303-393-8716
fax:       303-393-8718

Sun, 06 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Year 2000 course available

Quote:

>Just a short post to let you know I have just finished creating a one day
>course, "Year 2000 Techniques for Application Programmers" that may be of
>interest to a few folks in this group.

>The focus is simply on "how to" use a couple of available facilities to
>work with dates that only have two-digit years. There are two hands-on
>labs, a Sort and a program (starter code is supplied; lab requires
>changing).

>Essentially, the course discusses how to use Sort's Y2K facilities
(DFSORT
>and SyncSort) and how to use LE services to deal with two digit years.
>This second part of the course is multi-lingual, so students can run lab
>in COBOL, C, PL/I or Assembler.

>Regards,

>Steve Comstock
>Denver, Colorado
>USA

>telephone: 800-993-8716
>or:        303-393-8716
>fax:       303-393-8718

You don't state it anywhere, but from some of the terminology used can we
presume that your course is for COBOL in the IBM mainframe environment
only (as opposed to non-IBM mainframes, Unix boxes and PC boxes)??

Sun, 06 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Year 2000 course available

Quote:

>Just a short post to let you know I have just finished creating a one day
>course, "Year 2000 Techniques for Application Programmers" that may be of
>interest to a few folks in this group.

You may want to also post this info in the Year 2000 newsgroup at
comp.software.year-2000

Sun, 06 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Year 2000 course available

2. New course available: COBOL, LE, and the Year 2000

3. COBOL Refresher Course for the Year 2000

4. Available: COBOL Year 2000 and Date Manip. Routines

5. CLE-OH: year 2000 positions available

6. Year 2000 COBOL product - download version available now!

7. Year 2000 Newsgroup now available

8. Is year 2000 a leap year??

9. Extensive cobol year 2000 methodology by TOPIC-2000

10. Cobol year 2000 solutions by TOPIC 2000

11. Year 2000 Newsgroup

12. OS/390 Release 2 Year 2000 discussion