printing to lpt2,lpt3,etc
Author Message
 printing to lpt2,lpt3,etc

does anyone know how to print dynamically to lpt2, lpt3 etc
I'm using microfocus 3.2.46 on win 95,98 on an nt server

Mark Lavine

Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 printing to lpt2,lpt3,etc

Quote:

>does anyone know how to print dynamically to lpt2, lpt3 etc
>I'm using microfocus 3.2.46 on win 95,98 on an nt server

>Mark Lavine

Mark:

I;m not sure if this will answer your question, but if you have
several dedicated printing devices, each assigned to their own
parallel port, FormPrint will allow you to select the specific
printing device.  This seems to accomplish the same this in a
roundabout kind of way.

Check out http://www.flexus.com/formprint.html

Bob Wolfe, flexus
Check out The Flexus COBOL Page at http://www.flexus.com

Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 printing to lpt2,lpt3,etc
Mark,
    You can set the name of the output file as 'lpt1' (all output will then
simply be printed on the device attached to lpt1)  and after you're done
printing you can close that file and name the output file to a different
'lpt2', etc.  You can also set up an input switch from your screen to
dynamically select the lpt device.  Not sure if that was what you're looking
for, but it is a technique I've used.

    Ed O'Farrell
    OApost System, Inc.
    Rancho Cordova, CA

Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 printing to lpt2,lpt3,etc
How about using "LPT1" etc as the file name?

Quote:
> does anyone know how to print dynamically to lpt2, lpt3 etc
> I'm using microfocus 3.2.46 on win 95,98 on an nt server

> Mark Lavine

Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 printing to lpt2,lpt3,etc
How about using "LPT1" etc as the file name?

Quote:
> does anyone know how to print dynamically to lpt2, lpt3 etc
> I'm using microfocus 3.2.46 on win 95,98 on an nt server

> Mark Lavine

Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 printing to lpt2,lpt3,etc
Here is what we do, basically, although not actively using 3.2:
.
.
 SELECT PRINT-FILE ASSIGN TO PRINT, PRT-NAME,
 ORGANIZATION IS ...
.
.
.
 01  PRT-NAME           PIC X(20).
.
.
 PERFORM SELECT-PRINTER-NAME
 OPEN OUTPUT PRINT-FILE
.

Then *all* you have to do is generate the code to select the device in
the 'SELECT-PRINTER-NAME' paragraph.

Hope it helps

Chris

Quote:

> does anyone know how to print dynamically to lpt2, lpt3 etc
> I'm using microfocus 3.2.46 on win 95,98 on an nt server

> Mark Lavine

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Tue, 05 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to print to Lpt2: lpt3: etc..

2. Printing to lpt2, lpt3, etc using Mf Cobol on win95/98

3. printing to lpt2 and lpt3

4. isprinter() for lpt2 & lpt3

5. Checking existance of LPT2, LPT3...

6. To detect the LPT2 & LPT3 printer

7. Can't print to LPT3

8. Printing on LPT3

9. Capturing of LPT2 in Windows-NT after set printer to LPT2 in Clipper5.2

10. Print to LPT2/3 from APL+Win

11. PRINT TO LPT2:

12. PRINT command to LPT2????