need help with ESCAPE KEYS and old COBOL
Author Message
 need help with ESCAPE KEYS and old COBOL

rusty programmer needs help with ESCAPE KEYS.

It's been 13 years since  I quit my position as a cobol programmer
and about the same time since I wrote any code.
recently I needed some software solutions for my business, could not
find any,and decided to write my own.
I had some 5 1/4 diskettes with a lot of my old code, and
MS COBOL V2.20 COMPILER.(isam + runcob.exe)
I rewrote  some code compiled it and even made those DOS programs be
executed from within win98.

PROBLEMS  I can not make those programs accept any ESCAPE KEYS  Except
Enter and Esc.
most important to me will be to be able to use Pg. up, PG down and the
Arrow Keys. Right now these keys cause my computer to beep and garbage
to be displayed on the screen.

any suggestions will be appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 need help with ESCAPE KEYS and old COBOL

illuminated comp.lang.cobol thusly:

Quote:
> PROBLEMS  I can not make those programs accept any ESCAPE KEYS  Except
> Enter and Esc.
> most important to me will be to be able to use Pg. up, PG down and the
> Arrow Keys. Right now these keys cause my computer to beep and garbage
> to be displayed on the screen.

IIRC those keys return two bytes, just as though it's two keystrokes.  The
first one is zero, then the second one is a code indicating which key.  If
you do some experimenting you should be able to decode those values.
--
R B |\  Randall Bart

n r |\  1-614-308-9307      Please reply without spam       I Love You
d t ||\ Have you solved http://users.aol.com/PanicYr00/Sequence.html ?
a    |/ MS^7=6/28/107             Let's sing about the Year 2000 Bugs:
l    |\             http://users.aol.com/PanicYr00/SongMiscellany.html
l    |/ Has anyone in Washington DC read the US Constitution?

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS COBOL ESCAPE KEYS

2. Key s(*.K*) - Need to build keys !!!Help please

3. Need to obtain current or old version of Knowledgware (Sterling Software's KEY)

4. Need help Using Printer Escape Codes !!!!!

5. Need help sending escape sequences in expect

6. how to disable the escape key.

7. The Escape Key

8. disable escape key

9. CPD2.1/LPM2.53 and ESCape key