THANKS! or Practice Progamming Projects 2
Author Message
 THANKS! or Practice Progamming Projects 2

First off, I would like to thank all of the people that responded
to my request for some practice programming projects for a person
learning C and who has a pretty good base in Pascal.

I decided that after reading the responses that I would post what
people thought up:

Mark: read an input of arbitrary length, break into words, count
      the number of occurences of each different word, and print
      out report, sorted with most frequent word 1st.

Dwight: suggested the good examples in a book by Kernighan and
        Ritchie.

Reza: an expression parser or spell-checker.

Kevin: diagnostics program of computer components, etc.

David: the "animals" game (make it bullet-proof), checkers, kalah,
       or reversi. And also a line editor.

Thanks again and to David, what is "kalah"?

Type at you later and remember: Pascal programmers are people too!
(...but I do think that C is better -- in ways) :)

-AndyC

P.S. Oh, and Dwight, what is the title of that book?

Thu, 07 Dec 1995 05:52:23 GMT

1. OOPC on large projects, in practice?

2. Practice Project

3. MORE Practice Programming Projects: a listing

4. Practice Programming Projects

5. Linux Progamming Tutorial

6. Unix Progamming in C

7. Linux Progamming in C

8. HELP Serial Progamming in C

9. c progamming

10. Progamming Parallel Port on a PC

11. Games progamming/animation tips

12. ThinkC : Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you !!!