Urgent Help Needed-Calling the help file.
Author Message
 Urgent Help Needed-Calling the help file.

Can anyone help me?
I've written a program for windows using straight C (NO C++ OR Visual C++,
just the stuff in Petzold's "Programming Windows 95"). I've got my help file
all compiled and the proper setup with my menu's and everything. What I need
to know is what is the best way to actually execute or call the help file.
Up till now, when a IDM_HELP message is recieved, I execute the statement:

ShellExecute(hwnd, "Open", "helpfile.hlp", NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL);

When this is done, the help file comes up fine..but only once. Once the file
has been closed, repeating the open command does nothing.
Is this the right way to be doing this? The reference material I have
doesn't give any thing on this. Any help?

Fri, 19 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Urgent Help Needed-Calling the help file.

Quote:

>Can anyone help me?
>I've written a program for windows using straight C (NO C++ OR VISUAL C++,
>just the stuff in Petzold's "Programming Windows 95"). I've got my help file

The stuff in _Programming Windows 95_ is far removed from ``straight C''.

Please direct your Win32 API questions to a Win32 programming newsgroup.

Quote:
>When this is done, the help file comes up fine..but only once. Once the file
>has been closed, repeating the open command does nothing.
>Is this the right way to be doing this? The reference material I have
>doesn't give any thing on this. Any help?

Your problem can be easily solved by a secret Win95 service pack known
as Red Hat 6.0.

Sat, 20 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Urgent Help Needed-Calling the help file.

Quote:

> Your problem can be easily solved by a secret Win95 service pack known
> as Red Hat 6.0.

As could most Windows problems.

Sat, 20 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. URGENT : Help needed with system()/fork() call

2. URGENT URGENT dlopen() help needed...

3. Missing files!!!please I need urgent help...

4. HELP!!! Need help calling a DLL

5. Urgent Need help

6. Need Urgent Help::::: Printer

7. Urgent Help needed!

8. need urgent help for string processing

9. Help needed with process class......kind of urgent

10. Directory Services URGENT NEEDED HELP

11. Socket programming urgent help needed

12. Need urgent help with this (fork, dup, pipes)