compiler memory problems with Borland C++ v3.1
Author Message
 compiler memory problems with Borland C++ v3.1

Hi,

I have the following problem.

I am trying to create a program, using the option to optimize via translation of
the C code into assembly language code. To do this, I am using a Pentium machine
with 16Mb extended memory and a 55 Mb disk cache. In addition, of the baseline
RAM, about 570 kb is free. I have specified a certain amount of extended memory
(8 Mb) and the drive location of the disk cache (C). In addition I have freed most
memory resident programs. However, during compilation, while the compiler appears
to be using extended memory (and in all not much of it) to produce an asm file,
during linking I get an 'out of memory' message and the program is not compiled.

How can I manage to get this compiler to use all available memory during
the whole compilation process?

many thanks.

Mark

Wed, 02 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 compiler memory problems with Borland C++ v3.1

Quote:
>Hi,

>I have the following problem.

>I am trying to create a program, using the option to optimize via translation of>the C code into assembly language code. To do this, I am using a Pentium
> machine
>with 16Mb extended memory and a 55 Mb disk cache. In addition, of the baseline
>RAM, about 570 kb is free. I have specified a certain amount of extended memory >(8 Mb) and the drive location of the disk cache (C). In addition I have freed
> most
>memory resident programs. However, during compilation, while the compiler
> appears
>to be using extended memory (and in all not much of it) to produce an asm file, >during linking I get an 'out of memory' message and the program is not compiled.>
>How can I manage to get this compiler to use all available memory during
>the whole compilation process?

Your question relates to your compiler/platform rather than to the C language.
Most likely your question is DOS related so you might try posting in
comp.os.msdos.programmer.

Sun, 06 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Possible 32-bit problem with Borland C++ v3.1

2. Help: Beginner problem with Novell SDK and Borland C++ v3.1

3. Borland C/C++ v3 problem

4. Borland C++ v3.1 Lan install problem

5. Using Memory Models in Borland C/C++ 4.0 Compiler

6. Windows programming in Borland C++ v3.0

7. NEED LIBRARYS TO BORLAND C++ V3.1

8. Borland C++ v3.0 bug?

9. FS: Borland Turbo C++ v3.0

10. creating DLL's in Borland C++ v3.1

11. Output Redirection in Borland C++ for Win V3.0

12. Long file names in Borland C/C++ v3.1