send email
Author Message
 send email

Hi,

  I would like to known if it is possible to send an
email(under linux) without use a pipe with a command like
that:

File *pfFile;
char acCmd[100];
..
sprintf(acCmd,"mail -s 'The  email subject');
pfFile = popen(acCmd,"w");
fprintf(pfFile,"the body email\n");
..
pclose(pfFile);

Because when I send a lot of email (not realy a spam, I have
to test my mail server) after 200 email the software make a
broken pipe or like that.

Please help me.

* Sent from AltaVista http://www.*-*-*.com/ Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is Beautiful

Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 send email
On Mon, 06 Mar 2000 01:35:21 -0800, LOIC B

Quote:
> Hi,

>   I would like to known if it is possible to send an
> email(under linux) without use a pipe with a command like
> that:

> File *pfFile;
> char acCmd[100];
> ..
> sprintf(acCmd,"mail -s 'The  email subject');
> pfFile = popen(acCmd,"w");
> fprintf(pfFile,"the body email\n");
> ..
> pclose(pfFile);

> Because when I send a lot of email (not realy a    spam, I have
> to test my mail server) after 200 email the software make a
> broken pipe or like that.

> Please help me.

You can't do it using the topic of this newsgroup, which is the C
language, because C does not have functions named popen() or pclose().

You will have to ask in a Linux newsgroup about these operating system
specific extensions.

Jack Klein
--
Home: http://jackklein.home.att.net
FAQs for

Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. sending email from within an application...

2. Attempting To Send Email From ASPX Web Form

3. Sending email

4. sending email

5. sending email within Notes environment

6. Sending Email Help (C#)

7. How to send email using smtp server.(Problem)

8. Sending email with attachments from a C program

9. Help on sending email with an attachment!!!

10. sending email

11. How to send email from a C program

12. send email with C instead of PERL