C functions for writing to jpeg instead of a video display
Author Message
 C functions for writing to jpeg instead of a video display

Does anyone know where I can find a set of C functions for
writing graphics, like lines, strings of chars and pixels, directly
to a jpeg or some other graphic format file, WITHOUT writing to
a video screen?

David Pace
-
Free commodity/stock graphing software
and Linux links at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 C functions for writing to jpeg instead of a video display

Quote:

> Does anyone know where I can find a set of C functions for
> writing graphics, like lines, strings of chars and pixels, directly
> to a jpeg or some other graphic format file, WITHOUT writing to
> a video screen?

I've found GD to be an excellent library and I've used it quite
extensively. The url for the homepage is:

http://www.boutell.com/gd/

Matt

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 C functions for writing to jpeg instead of a video display

Quote:

> > Does anyone know where I can find a set of C functions for
> > writing graphics, like lines, strings of chars and pixels, directly
> > to a jpeg or some other graphic format file, WITHOUT writing to
> > a video screen?

> I've found GD to be an excellent library and I've used it quite
> extensively. The url for the homepage is:

> http://www.boutell.com/gd/

> Matt

Thank-you, it looks good.
I really did not expect anyone to know of such a product.

David Pace

Mon, 28 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 C functions for writing to jpeg instead of a video display

Quote:

> [posted and mailed]

>     David> Does anyone know where I can find a set of C functions for
>     David> writing graphics, like lines, strings of chars and pixels,
>     David> directly to a jpeg or some other graphic format file, WITHOUT
>     David> writing to a video screen?

> David, check out GNU libplot, at the URL below.  It can export vector
> graphics in many file formats: PNM, pseudo-GIF, Adobe Illustrator,
> idraw-editable postscript, xfig, PCL5, HP-GL and HP-GL/2, and Tektronix.
> The next release will also export in WebCGM format.

> It's much more comprehensive than GD, though GD can do a few things (such
> as import graphics) that it can't do.

> Regards,
> Robert (the primary author)

> --

> Dept. of Math.    |
> Univ. of Arizona  | FAX:   +1 520 621 8322
> Tucson, AZ  85721 | Voice: +1 520 621 6892 (department)
> U.S.A.            |        +1 520 621 2617 (office)

> Maintainer of the GNU plotting utilities package
> (see http://www.gnu.org/software/plotutils/plotutils.html ).

Thank-you for the reply.
I'll check it out.  I am going to use it to
create dynamic web-pages of stock graphs.

David Pace

--
Free commodity/stock graphing software
and Linux links at http://www.daveware.com

Mon, 28 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

1. How can I use a LPCTSTR variable in LoadFromResource function instead of writing

2. Show JPEG file instead of BNP file in WIN32

3. JPeg instead of bmp in dialog

4. CS files display in VS6 like CPP files ?

6. source code for JPEG display

7. C code for loading and displaying graphic files BMP/PCX/JPEG/GIF

8. How to display JPEG in Visual C++

9. code to display a JPEG, please!

10. Displaying gif/jpeg in Richeditctrl

11. Reading and display JPEG and GIF images

12. ActiveX to display JPEG and BMP