Reading directories under unix...
Author Message
 Reading directories under unix...

Hi there !

I need to read a whole directory in my program. I use the routines opendir and
readdir. I also use the lstat command to check what kind of file it is.

Now the problem :

Sometimes the opendir command can't open a specific directory, and sometimes
the lstat command tells me, a file would be a directory ( but it isn't )...

Can anyone help me with a bit of source code as a sample on how to use those
commands ??

Any answer would be nice ...

Thanx in advance
                                Olli

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------\
|  "Whereever I am there's chaos but I can't be everywhere "                 |
|       OLIVER HOHL                                                          |

\----------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Mon, 19 May 1997 17:12:27 GMT

1. QUERY: How to read directories in UNIX C...?

2. Reading directories: UNIX vs. Windows/VC++

3. Reading directories: UNIX vs. Windows/VC++

4. make directory in unix

5. wcd214bs.zip Change directory, DOS, Unix, w/C src, GNU

6. Questions on Unix File/Directory Manipulation using C

7. Q: How to change current directory in unix cc

8. directory listing in UNIX

9. accessing and going through directories in Unix

10. Directory scanning in Unix C

11. File listing for current directory under Unix?

12. List a directory in a C program on Unix machines