source code for "sh"
Author Message
 source code for "sh"

I'm looking for source code for the actual _sh_, not
some beefy derivative shell.  I've searched all the
GNU stuff, but they all use bash as the default shell,
with sh as a symbolic link to it.

Does anyone know where I can find said source code?  It
would be much appreciated...

-Cindy

Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 source code for "sh"

Quote:

>I'm looking for source code for the actual _sh_, not
>some beefy derivative shell.  I've searched all the
>GNU stuff, but they all use bash as the default shell,
>with sh as a symbolic link to it.

Try a newsgroup such as comp.unix.shell. However I suspect that the original
Bourne shell source is copyright so you'd have to buy it or a license to
get it. I believe SCO now own the SYSV code base so you might try asking
in comp.unix.sco.programmer.

Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 source code for "sh"

Quote:
> Does anyone know where I can find said source code?  It
> would be much appreciated...

Try 'comp.unix.shells' and 'comp.sources.wanted.'

--
(initiator of the campaign for grumpiness where grumpiness is due in c.l.c)

Attempting to write in a hybrid which can be compiled by either a C compiler
or a C++ compiler produces a compromise language which combines the drawbacks
of both with the advantages of neither.

Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 source code for "sh"

Quote:

> I'm looking for source code for the actual _sh_, not
> some beefy derivative shell.  I've searched all the
> GNU stuff, but they all use bash as the default shell,
> with sh as a symbolic link to it.

There is an implementation in at least NetBSD, and probably also in
most of the other free BSD derivatives.  NetBSD can be found via
http://www.netbsd.org/.

This isn't really a C programming question - you'd probably get better
answers in either a group about finding sources (such as
comp.sources.wanted) or a group discussion shells (there's one in
comp.unix.*).

--

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/
EUFS        http://www.ed.ac.uk/~filmsoc/

Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 source code for "sh"

:> Does anyone know where I can find said source code?  It
:> would be much appreciated...

: Try 'comp.unix.shells' and 'comp.sources.wanted.'

thanks a lot for the references.

-Cindy

Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 source code for "sh"

: I'm looking for source code for the actual _sh_, not
: some beefy derivative shell.  I've searched all the
: GNU stuff, but they all use bash as the default shell,
: with sh as a symbolic link to it.

: Does anyone know where I can find said source code?  It
: would be much appreciated...

If you want some really obscure source, try the Minix version
in the sources on cs.vu.nl.  (The code came, I think, from an
early PD sh implementation, and hasn't been touched since).

Will

Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. C source code for "printf"

2. source code for Unix "split" command

3. ISO OF "C" SOURCE CODE FORMATTER

4. source code in "Algorithms in C"

5. Source code for unix "Cut" utility

6. source code for "C beautifier"

7. "SE Using MFC" source code

8. Looking for C source code "browser" ala "cscope"

9. remove() vrs fopen("""w")

11. Question on "export", exit and sources

12. How to access "comp.sources.unix"