Making files "Installable"
Author Message
 Making files "Installable"

Hello. I am learning C (and maybe C++ too!).  This might be an
extremely obvious question, but I would like to know how to make a
setup file so that people can download it from my website and just
double-click the file and install the program.  Thanks for your help!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 07 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Making files "Installable"

: Hello. I am learning C (and maybe C++ too!).  This might be an
: extremely obvious question, but I would like to know how to make a
: setup file so that people can download it from my website and just
: double-click the file and install the program.  Thanks for your help!

How programs are installed is entirely system-dependent, and hardly
related to C. If you're using Windows, programs like InstallShield can
do what you require.

--

Mathew Hendry, Programmer, Visual Sciences Ltd.

IRC/ICQ/Q2/... "Scampi", ICQ 24839718
PGP B3C1 1EBC 2BAE 93F0 54C1 E0E7 5FA3 5988 BBD6 B689

Mon, 07 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Making files "Installable"

Quote:

> I am learning C
> (and maybe C++ too!).

"maybe"? don't you know if you're learning C++?  :-)

Quote:
> This might be an
> extremely obvious question, but I would like to know how to make a
> setup file so that people can download it from my website and just
> double-click the file and install the program.  Thanks for your help!

sorry C has no concept of websites or installable files. Try asking in a
news group that is specific to your platform (for instance if you use
windows try a windows ng).

--
I've been told anthing is possible- usually by
people who arn't going to do it.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 07 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. making computer go "beep"

2. Help(making a process "sleep")

3. "Making" a string in C

4. Neophyte going nuts "making INN"

5. ClassView makes code with #include ""

6. What makes a handle "invalid"?

7. Implementing "HELP" made by wizard

8. Making a chat room "bot"

9. Making a dialog "TASKMODAL"