Sleep command for noninteger time
Author Message
 Sleep command for noninteger time

Quote:

> > > void iso_sleep(float secs)   /* untested */
> > > {
> > > clock_t cticks = clock() + (clock_t) (secs * CLK_TCK);

> > >   while (clock() < cticks);
> > > }

> > That doesn't look ISO C to me!  :-)

> Looks fairly valid to me, what's wrong with it?

CLK_TCK isn't ISO. It's called CLOCKS_PER_SEC.

Richard

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:52:53 GMT
 Sleep command for noninteger time

Quote:
> I kindly urge you, Mr. Pop, to refrain from such insults. I know you
> consider yourself to be the self-proclaimed chairman of the strict ISO
> movement within clc, but frankly I really do not see any humour in your
> remark. Go have a beer if you're feeling itchy ...

What is it with Dutch people and beer? Wherever I see Dutch people on
Usenet, they eventually advise people to drink beer. Maybe Dutch beer
is as good as German beer (yum, yum)?

| http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~palaste       W++ B OP+                     |

"When a man talks dirty to a woman, that's {*filter*} harassment. When a woman talks
dirty to a man, that's 14.99 per minute + local telephone charges!"
   - Ruben Stiller

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 01:16:31 GMT
 Sleep command for noninteger time

Quote:

> What is it with Dutch people and beer? Wherever I see Dutch people on
> Usenet, they eventually advise people to drink beer. Maybe Dutch beer
> is as good as German beer (yum, yum)?

Ever heard of Heineken? I've even seen Bill Clinton drink it on TV.
Well, truth is, I do not even like beer. But I know Finnish people do,
(hence your yum, yum, isn't it?), and for some vague reason I have the
feeling Dan could well serve as a prototype of the Finnish national
character. I have a Finnish client, and those guys sure need some very
special treatment. They are even worse than Swedish clients :)

Anyhow, please come have a beer with me whenever you may be in the
vicinity of Delft (near Rotterdam, Holland).

willem

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 03:37:43 GMT
 Sleep command for noninteger time

Quote:

>> What is it with Dutch people and beer? Wherever I see Dutch people on
>> Usenet, they eventually advise people to drink beer. Maybe Dutch beer
>> is as good as German beer (yum, yum)?
> Ever heard of Heineken? I've even seen Bill Clinton drink it on TV.
> Well, truth is, I do not even like beer. But I know Finnish people do,
> (hence your yum, yum, isn't it?), and for some vague reason I have the

Well... not all Finnish people like beer, but most do. I certainly do
like beer.

Quote:
> feeling Dan could well serve as a prototype of the Finnish national
> character. I have a Finnish client, and those guys sure need some very
> special treatment. They are even worse than Swedish clients :)

What sort of special treatment would that be?

Quote:
> Anyhow, please come have a beer with me whenever you may be in the
> vicinity of Delft (near Rotterdam, Holland).

Thanks for the offer! I don't have any plans to go to Holland in the
near future, though.

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to
factor large prime numbers."
   - Bill Gates

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 03:45:21 GMT
 Sleep command for noninteger time

Quote:

>> What is it with Dutch people and beer? Wherever I see Dutch people on
>> Usenet, they eventually advise people to drink beer. Maybe Dutch beer
>> is as good as German beer (yum, yum)?

>Ever heard of Heineken?

Yup, but I prefer Tuborg.

Dan
--
Dan Pop
CERN, IT Division

Mail:  CERN - IT, Bat. 31 1-014, CH-1211 Geneve 23, Switzerland

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 03:58:51 GMT
 Sleep command for noninteger time

Quote:

> > I have a Finnish client, and those guys sure need some very
> > special treatment. They are even worse than Swedish clients :)

> What sort of special treatment would that be?

Since the Finnish industry - much like the Swedish - seems to be owned
by a few families/firms, you always have to send the highest man in
charge an email to get your invoice payed ... It helps to meet them in
person though, and drink a beer while discussing the mutual problem.

In fact, we are very much like Finnish people :)

willem (in timber business, while the trees grow in Finnland)

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 04:56:12 GMT
 Sleep command for noninteger time

Quote:

> willem veenhoven.com writes:

> >Ever heard of Heineken?

> Yup, but I prefer Tuborg.

Since I already made an appointment with another regular in clc to meet
for a beer this summer, why don't you join us? Tuborg isn't any problem
of course. But we also have Grolsch, and besides we import some very
fine 'Trappist' from Belgium. That is the only beer I really like.
I'm sure that you've never tasted their 'triple' :)

willem

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 05:15:53 GMT
 Sleep command for noninteger time

Quote:

>> willem veenhoven.com writes:

>> >Ever heard of Heineken?

>> Yup, but I prefer Tuborg.
> Since I already made an appointment with another regular in clc to meet
> for a beer this summer, why don't you join us? Tuborg isn't any problem
> of course. But we also have Grolsch, and besides we import some very
> fine 'Trappist' from Belgium. That is the only beer I really like.
> I'm sure that you've never tasted their 'triple' :)

If we can coax Heathfield to come too, then you guys are on. Should we
set a date?

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to
factor large prime numbers."
   - Bill Gates

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 05:21:50 GMT
 Sleep command for noninteger time

Quote:

> > willem veenhoven.com writes:

> > >Ever heard of Heineken?

> > Yup, but I prefer Tuborg.

> Since I already made an appointment with another regular in clc to meet
> for a beer this summer, why don't you join us? Tuborg isn't any problem
> of course. But we also have Grolsch, and besides we import some very

Isn't Grolsch the brand they sell in France under the name of
"Amsterdam Navigator"? That's a very good beer.

Quote:
> fine 'Trappist' from Belgium. That is the only beer I really like.

Nothing I've ever tasted beats Murpy's Irish Stout. Caffrey's isn't
bad either.

Gergo

--
Power is the finest token of affection.

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 05:56:32 GMT
 Sleep command for noninteger time

Quote:
>Nothing I've ever tasted beats Murpy's Irish Stout. Caffrey's isn't
>bad either.

Murphy's is nice, even here in the States where, by law, dogs must urinate in
all beer to dilute it lest we get too drunk. I still think a good Guiness
beats a Murphy's though. Have you tried any of our Boston micro-brews?
Harpoon IPA or Samuel Adams' Ale?

--
Warmest regards.

Optimize only if it runs too slowly or does not fit, spaces instead of tabs.

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 06:37:07 GMT

 [ 26 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]