Reader-Writer prob deadlock free?
Author Message
 Reader-Writer prob deadlock free?

 I am lookinng for some code for the READER-WRITER problem ('C'/'C++').

Here's my actual situation :

   I have a 2 field table that I need to keep in shared memory. I have
   a bunch of processes trying to update and read from this table.
   A typical reader-writer situation.  I need to be able to perform
   all read and write operations without interference from each other
   and also without DEADLOCK.

   If you have implemented similar code in 'C'/'C++' and would be willing
   to share it with me I would greatly appreciate it.

   thanks
   rajiv

Sun, 08 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Reader-Writer prob deadlock free?

Quote:
>    A typical reader-writer situation.  I need to be able to perform
>    all read and write operations without interference from each other
>    and also without DEADLOCK.

    You might want to check out comp.programming for code, but it may
    be worth noting that you won't get a deadlock situation if your
    updates are independent so that they're not waiting on each other.
    That is, one process' lock should not be dependent on some other
    process' lock having gone first.

Quote:

--

***                 All Blacks take Bledisloe Cup 34-23                 ***

Tue, 10 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Async socket writers combined with sync socket readers

2. need help handling magnetic cards Reader/writer

3. How to implement readers/writer lock

4. Readers and Writers Problem

5. xml reader/writer

6. Multi-Reader-Single-Writer Lock

7. Single-Writer Multi-Reader lock for Win98

8. Any source for RTF reader/writer

9. TIFF reader and writer

10. TIFF reader and writer

11. Multi-Reader-Single-Writer Lock

12. Deadlock with std::map and free threaded COM