ANSI C Run Time Erroe to output data to the output file
Author Message
 ANSI C Run Time Erroe to output data to the output file

Hellow,
         dose anybody know and help to get me out of this problem ?

        I am receiving the following run time error message when i run
my program (ANSI C).

        Segmentation Fault

De{*filter*} message
                   signal SEGV (no mapping at the fault address) in
realfree at 0xef74b8d4
realfree+0x78:  ld      [%l5 + 0x8], %i1

The output file is opened in W mode for the first time and in a (append)
mode next times. No data can be send to file whwn opend forth tme in the
same progame.

           I have uesd fopen() and fclose() functions for this purpose.

Mon, 10 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ANSI C Run Time Erroe to output data to the output file

+0000):

:Hellow,
:         dose anybody know and help to get me out of this problem ?

:        I am receiving the following run time error message when i run
:my program (ANSI C).

:        Segmentation Fault

:De{*filter*} message
:                   signal SEGV (no mapping at the fault address) in
:realfree at 0xef74b8d4
:realfree+0x78: ld      [%l5 + 0x8], %i1

:The output file is opened in W mode for the first time and in a (append)
:mode next times. No data can be send to file whwn opend forth tme in the
:same progame.
:
:           I have uesd fopen() and fclose() functions for this purpose.

You are looking in the wrong place.  Your Segmentation Fault indicates that
you are trying an illegal memory reference.  It is unlikely that this has
anything to do with your output file.  Post a compilable code fragment that
exhibits the problem and then, perhaps, someone can help you.

Honors Bridge Club, 115 E 57th, New York

 * all newsgroups follow-ups are also emailed */

Mon, 10 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ANSI C Run Time Erroe to output data to the output file

Quote:
>        I am receiving the following run time error message when i run
>my program (ANSI C).

>        Segmentation Fault

>De{*filter*} message
>                   signal SEGV (no mapping at the fault address) in
>realfree at 0xef74b8d4
>realfree+0x78:      ld      [%l5 + 0x8], %i1

>The output file is opened in W mode for the first time and in a (append)
>mode next times. No data can be send to file whwn opend forth tme in the
>same progame.

>           I have uesd fopen() and fclose() functions for this purpose.

If the segfault occurs when trying to output something to a file, the
obvious question is: did you check if the fopen() call succeeded?

Dan
--
Dan Pop
CERN, CN Division

Mail:  CERN - PPE, Bat. 31 1-014, CH-1211 Geneve 23, Switzerland

Mon, 10 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC 5 TRACE output to a file instead of the output window

2. MFC CDC HTML Output (ala Meta File Output)

3. Output CString data to a file.

4. Output data to file

5. Output data to a text file?

7. Need FIX: std::wofstream Can't Output After DBCS Character Is Output (Q274012)

8. input, output, input/output parameters?????

9. Differences between C programs output and win outputs

10. How to add output to VC6 output pane?

11. Output to build tab of DevStudio output window

12. Scrolling Output via Curses (output from other processes)