where can I purchase c and c++
Author Message
 where can I purchase c and c++

hi

im looking to learn these languages  c and c++

where in london (or mail order) can i purchase a copy of either c or c++
or even both if they are sold in as a package

thanks
tony

Wed, 05 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 where can I purchase c and c++

Quote:
>hi

>im looking to learn these languages  c and c++

>where in london (or mail order) can i purchase a copy of either c or c++
>or even both if they are sold in as a package

That depends on what sort of platform you want it for. For Windows just
about any PC store should have C++ compilers in stock (they almost
universally come with a C compiler as part of the package).

This is not really an appropriate question for comp.lang.c which is for
discussing the C language rather than specific compilers. A uk.* newsgroup
would be closer to the mark, perhaps uk.comp.misc.

Wed, 05 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 where can I purchase c and c++

Quote:
>hi

>im looking to learn these languages  c and c++

>where in london (or mail order) can i purchase a copy of either c or c++
>or even both if they are sold in as a package

Usually, they are.
By the way, you can't learn C++ until you know C. C++ may be sexier, but
you have to walk before you can run (no pun intended).

Quote:

>thanks
>tony

Oh dear, you poor AOLer.
Go and :

Read the FAQ
Buy a copy of PC Plus
Go to <www.delorie.com/djgpp> and download DJGPP
Go to <www.cygnus.com> and get GCC-Win32
Convert to Demon (you know you should)

Also, please fix your shift key. It seems as if you can't press it.
I'm going to break my usual policy of newsgroup replies only, because
being an AOLer you probably 'post your question and run'.
--
Revised anti-spam in use : remove X to reply -
'Xnetbook' becomes 'netbook'

Anti-spam thermonuclear warheads cheap at only $300!

Sat, 08 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need to purchase a copy of Microsoft C or C++

2. Purchasing Turbo C++

3. Question before I purchase Visual C++

4. Purchasing Visual C++

5. options/suggestions on purchasing a new C/C++ compiler

6. Determining what canned preprocessor symbols are available

8. Help with compiling a "canned" program

9. Canned Dialogs

10. Seeking to purchase small software company or product