Dynamic Allocation
Author Message
 Dynamic Allocation

Can anyone tell me how to dynamically allocate a 2 D Array in C, or C++?

Thanks

Sun, 19 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Allocation

Quote:

Check out FAQ 6.16 at http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html

--
Craig

Manchester, NH
It's not so much where we are that's important, but in
what direction we're moving.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Sun, 19 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Allocation

|> Can anyone tell me how to dynamically allocate a 2 D Array in C, or C++?

This question is answered in the comp.lang.c FAQ, which you read before
posting.  Now, it is understandable that you missed the answer, as the
very ambiguously-worded

6.16:   How can I dynamically allocate a multidimensional array?

provides little indication that it has anything to do with your question.
Nevertheless, if you go back and re-read the FAQ, you'll most likely find
the answer that you want.  In case you've already forgotten, you obtained
a copy of the FAQ from ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/comp.lang.c.  The
online version is available at http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html.

Regards,

--
Chris Engebretson --- Hughes STX Corporation | Ph#: (605)594-6829
USGS EROS Data Center, Sioux Falls, SD 57198 | Fax: (605)594-6490

Opinions here are not those of Hughes Aircraft, STX, or the USGS.

Sun, 19 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Allocation

Quote:
>Can anyone tell me how to dynamically allocate a 2 D Array in C, or C++?

Sure, it's in the FAQ

  "I _know_ what partial register stalls are but I
   want my compiler to know it as well!"

Sun, 19 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Allocation

Quote:

> >Can anyone tell me how to dynamically allocate a 2 D Array in C, or C++?

> Sure, it's in the FAQ

Look in the c.l.c FAQ for the answer to the following question:
  6.16:   How can I dynamically allocate a multidimensional array?

You can get the FAQ at http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html or
at ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/comp.lang.c/C-FAQ-list and it gets
posted to this newsgroup and to news.answers regularly (at the
beginning of each month).

Stephan

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. dynamic allocation

2. C Dynamic allocation of Pointers

3. char **info; /*dynamic allocation*/

4. Dynamic Allocation of Multi-Dimensional Array (Simple Question)

5. Dynamic allocation!

6. Dynamic allocation of 2-dimensional array

7. Dynamic Allocation of 2D Arrays

8. Dynamic allocation and reallocation of two dimensional arrays

9. Character array dynamic allocation

10. Dynamic Allocation in ISR

11. dynamic allocation problem

12. Dynamic allocation of an array of structures.