sound and c?
Author Message
 sound and c?

hi,

how can I include sound in a c-prg?
I found the following funktions (Where are they located???)...

sound (freq);
delay(time);
nosound();

but the do not work with my compiler...
What do I wrong?

TIA
Elmar

Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 sound and c?
hi,

how can I include sound in a c-prg?
I found the following funktions (Where are they located???)...

sound (freq);
delay(time);
nosound();

but the do not work with my compiler...
What do I wrong?

TIA
Elmar

Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 sound and c?

Quote:

> how can I include sound in a c-prg?

You can't portably, except by outputting the '\a' character; and maybe
not even then, if, e.g., your hardware isn't able to.

Quote:
> I found the following funktions (Where are they located???)...

> sound (freq);
> delay(time);
> nosound();

> but the do not work with my compiler...

I suspect they're Borland-specific (at least, I remember them from Turbo
C). I also suspect your compiler has some other functions to make sound.
I know for sure that you should ask this question again in a newsgroup
dedicated to that compiler and your OS.

Richard

Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 sound and c?
Your question is WAY OFF TOPIC for this newsgroup.  But ... for the sake of
no-more-off-topic-questions ... here's the answer.

#include <dos.h>

Quote:
> hi,

> how can I include sound in a c-prg?
> I found the following funktions (Where are they located???)...

> sound (freq);
> delay(time);
> nosound();

> but the do not work with my compiler...
> What do I wrong?

> TIA
> Elmar

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 sound and c?
You have no way to know whether this reply is correct for the OP's unknown
operating system/platform. He may be looking at a software listing meant for
one OS, but possess another unrelated OS.

This is why we try to avoid answering inquiries like this. I mean, apart
from the fact that they are off-topic.

--

Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com

Quote:
> Your question is WAY OFF TOPIC for this newsgroup.  But ... for the sake
of
> no-more-off-topic-questions ... here's the answer.

> #include <dos.h>

> > hi,

> > how can I include sound in a c-prg?
> > I found the following funktions (Where are they located???)...

> > sound (freq);
> > delay(time);
> > nosound();

> > but the do not work with my compiler...
> > What do I wrong?

> > TIA
> > Elmar

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 sound and c?

Quote:

> > I found the following funktions (Where are they located???)...

> > sound (freq);
> > delay(time);
> > nosound();

> > but the do not work with my compiler...
> > What do I wrong?
> Your question is WAY OFF TOPIC for this newsgroup.  But ... for the sake of
> no-more-off-topic-questions ... here's the answer.

> #include <dos.h>

Yes, that's the problem with off-topic questions, isn't it? people try
to answer them based on incomplete knowledge; and then the off-topic
questions come back, either because it did work, and the OP wants
another off-topic question answered, or it didn't work, and the OP wants
to know what does. Better to redirect to a group where the question is
on-topic, it'll give a much better answer.
In this case, you don't know that the OP's compiler has a <dos.h>, nor,
if it does, if that holds prototypes for the above functions; in fact,
since the OP did not state anything of the kind, you don't even know if
he has MS-DOS at all. He may be trying to port a <insert-brand-name-of-
choice-here>-C program to his VIC-20.

Richard

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 sound and c?
You need to start it as a project calling both the files sound. It must
also be set up as a dos based program...Just go to new project.You'll
get what I mean...

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 sound and c?
Well, since he was on a Cray, I don't think your off-topic advice is going
to help him.

--

Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com

Quote:
> You need to start it as a project calling both the files sound. It must
> also be set up as a dos based program...Just go to new project.You'll
> get what I mean...

*

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 sound and c?

Quote:
> Well, since he was on a Cray, I don't think your off-topic advice is going
> to help him.

On the lighter side:

Very fast error == Mudbug ==  Cray-fish.

Any Cajuns out there? :-)

-Mike

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 sound and c?
Hiya,

Quote:
> Your question is WAY OFF TOPIC for this newsgroup.  But ... for the sake of
> no-more-off-topic-questions ... here's the answer.

> #include <dos.h>

Which is completely non portable! Under RISC OS, I'd use a swi call,
which again is completely non portable. M{*filter*}of the story - there is
nothing in C to support sound, it's up to your own OS.

TTFN

Paul
--------
Sent from the very best of British technology. New, fast and 110% reliable
                        THE RISCSTATION HAS ARRIVED

Thu, 29 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. SOUNDS!SOUNDS!SOUNDS!!!!!

2. Sounds from microphone(sound blaster)?

3. Help ! Read sound data from Sound Blaster 16

4. how can i get sound input from my sound card

5. How do I record sound from sound card?

6. How do I use system sounds - you know, the Critical Stop sound, Exclamation sound etc.

7. Sound card. It is not finishing the sound it is playing

8. Sleep mode? Play sound while sound device is used by another app?

9. How to play WAVE sound from resource?

10. Play Sounds from Resource File

11. Need help: DirectSound 9 Streaming Sound Notification Problem

12. Playing sound without calling Win32API?