BC++4.0 gripe and Watcom C opinion requested
Author Message
 BC++4.0 gripe and Watcom C opinion requested

Before I delete my newly acquired bc++4.0 from my harddrive and reinstall
3.1 in frustration, can anybody tell me how to tell the compiler not to
generate endless warnings about no prototype (including warnings for some
of its own functions), conversion too long, conversion may lose significant
digits, etc. I have repeatedly changed the setting regarding these warnings
in the Options | Project | Configuration menus, but still get the warnings
when I compile (it was all so easy in 3.1's DOS IDE).

Since I am only interested in programming in C for DOS (I don't do Windows
or C++ programming), I am considering purchasing Watcom C/32 for DOS v9.5
and would like any opinions from anyone who has used both compilers. In
particular, I would like to know if SVGA graphic routines are directly
supported, similar to the *.bgi driver support in BC++, and how the
performance compares. I realize that I could program the graphic routines
using the VESA guidelines directly, but using *.bgi drivers up till now
has kept me pretty happy.

Any comments would be appreciated ... Email or otherwise.

             I don't speak for BNR (which keeps both of us happy)
      Reason and people will listen ... {*filter*} and nobody cares - whoever

Mon, 02 Sep 1996 03:23:59 GMT
 BC++4.0 gripe and Watcom C opinion requested
Quote:

>Before I delete my newly acquired bc++4.0 from my harddrive and reinstall
>3.1 in frustration, can anybody tell me how to tell the compiler not to
>generate endless warnings about no prototype (including warnings for some
>of its own functions), conversion too long, conversion may lose significant
>digits, etc. I have repeatedly changed the setting regarding these warnings
>in the Options | Project | Configuration menus, but still get the warnings
>when I compile (it was all so easy in 3.1's DOS IDE).

Turning on/off options seems to work for me.  A possibility -- sorry
if this is elementary to you and you've already tried it -- is that
you're changing the overall project options, as indicated in your
posting, while you have node options that locally override the ones
for the project.  Right click on the node in your project window, and
select the Local Options menu.

Pete.

Sat, 07 Sep 1996 10:03:48 GMT
 BC++4.0 gripe and Watcom C opinion requested
I usually forget to set the Project Options / Messages / to "Selected" instead
of its default All.  With All set, you can easily think you have turned
certain messages off ... yet still get All of them.

Sat, 14 Sep 1996 04:01:03 GMT

1. Info on object-oriented Cs requested

2. BC compared with Watcom

3. BC 4 and Watcom

4. bc++ 5.0 <-> watcom 11.0

5. request opinions of Lau numerical C programming text

6. K&R Exercise 5-12 - Opinion Requested.

7. K&R Exercise 5-13 Opinions Requested

8. Standardized Parameter Handling - Opinions Requested

9. request for opinions

10. Exercise 7-4 of K&R 2nd Edition - Opinions Requested

11. Request for opinions

12. Resizable Array Code - Opinions Requested.