unable to scroll output window
Author Message
 unable to scroll output window

I am unable to scroll the output window. I thus lose all the output
except the last screenfull. Any suggestions welcome.
Many thanks in advance.
Arthur Schlissel

Sat, 20 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 unable to scroll output window

: I am unable to scroll the output window. I thus lose all the output
: except the last screenfull. Any suggestions welcome.

1. Write the output to a file and to the window.

2. Use a buffer for the output and implement full scrolling capabilities.

As you'd guess, 2 is much harder and more involved than 1, but the
program will be a lot nicer. Your environment may provide convenient
things like file display windows that do all this for you. Knowing
what's out there is worth the time and effort because it can
save you a lot more time and effort later on.

Scott

Sun, 21 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 unable to scroll output window

Quote:

>I am unable to scroll the output window. I thus lose all the output
>except the last screenfull. Any suggestions welcome.

  My suggestion, since you are fully responsible for the contents of this
post :-), is that you take responsibility for posting a clear question to an
appropriate newsgroup.  Since C provides no support for windows, this isn't
the right group.  If you're running Windows, post the problematic
section of code, with a full explanation of what it is supposed to do and
what it does to comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc.  If you're on a Mac,
do the same in comp.sys.mac.programmer.help, etc.

--
James Robinson            "OK_RRL, record locked against read but read anyway:

                           success status."        -- OpenVMS System Messages

Sun, 21 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 unable to scroll output window

Quote:
> I am unable to scroll the output window. I thus lose all the output
> except the last screenfull. Any suggestions welcome.

    Keep a copy of the output in a file. You can do this easily
    enough by following all your printf()s or whatever with the
    equivalent fprintf()s to a log file.

Mon, 22 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 unable to scroll output window

Quote:

> > I am unable to scroll the output window. I thus lose all the output
> > except the last screenfull. Any suggestions welcome.

>     Keep a copy of the output in a file. You can do this easily
>     enough by following all your printf()s or whatever with the
>     equivalent fprintf()s to a log file.

.. or, depending on your computing environment, you may
simply be able to redirect your output to a file.

--
Fumiaki Kamiya

Mon, 22 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. scrolling output window help

2. Scrolling Output via Curses (output from other processes)

3. Unable to sync input and output streams

4. Unable to output Bitmaps to printer

5. VC 5 TRACE output to a file instead of the output window

6. Output to build tab of DevStudio output window

7. Outputting DOS program output to a MFC window

8. Outputting to the Output window in Studio.net?

9. Non-scrolling output

10. Text output and scrolling

11. Outputting and scrolling text in CRichText control

12. Scrolling botches DrawText output