How do I convert Borland Pascal source files to C
Author Message
 How do I convert Borland Pascal source files to C

I have 60,000 lines of Borland Pascal program. It is well debugged and tested.
Now I want to translate these source files into C in a limitted time.

- Is there a tool for this purpose?
- Can it convert borland extensions such as units, etc?
- Where can I obtain this tool?

my email address is:

Mr. Cengiz T. KUPCU

Sat, 08 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I convert Borland Pascal source files to C

Quote:
> I have 60,000 lines of Borland Pascal program. It is well debugged and
tested.
> Now I want to translate these source files into C in a limitted time.

I hope that you succeed.  Why translate it anyway?   You already have a
functioning solution.

Quote:
> - Is there a tool for this purpose?

Yes, your brain.  There are some other tools, like p2c.  They don't work.
If you are determined, you can get a copy off of the web, compile it, and
run it on some Pascal source.  You will be deeply disappointed.  Human
translation is always superior to hand translation for HLL's at this stage
of the game.

Quote:
> - Can it convert borland extensions such as units, etc?

I sure hope so.

Quote:
> - Where can I obtain this tool?

You already have it.

Quote:
> my email address is:

> Mr. Cengiz T. KUPCU

Sat, 08 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I convert Borland Pascal source files to C

Quote:

>I have 60,000 lines of Borland Pascal program. It is well debugged and tested.
>Now I want to translate these source files into C in a limitted time.

Best way, but not easiest is to go ahead and learn C and convert it
that way.   More efficient usually.  Only catch is that you said "for
a limited time".

Quote:
>- Is there a tool for this purpose?

Think so.

Quote:
>- Can it convert borland extensions such as units, etc?

Header files would be the *general* equivalent to units.

Quote:
>- Where can I obtain this tool?

Dunno.

Sun, 09 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I convert Borland Pascal source files to C

Quote:
>I have 60,000 lines of Borland Pascal program. It is well debugged and tested.
>Now I want to translate these source files into C in a limitted time.

>- Is there a tool for this purpose?
>- Can it convert borland extensions such as units, etc?
>- Where can I obtain this tool?

Sure. There's p2c, from GNU - <http://www.gnu.org> and there is GNU
Pascal, which can be modified to do things like

uses crt;

BTW, why do you want to convert to C?
You can simply compile any C you want to link in as an OBJ and link it
with the Pascal, especially if you are using BCC.
--
Revised anti-spam in use : remove X to reply -
'Xnetbook' becomes 'netbook'

Anti-spam thermonuclear warheads cheap at only $300!

Sun, 09 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. how to convert source code pascal to source code c

2. Converting Turbo Pascal source to C source

3. Converting Borland C source to Ansi C source to run under Linux

4. Converting Borland C source to Ansi C source to run under Linux

6. Need utility to convert Pascal source code to C

7. Borland C++ and Turbo Pascal (.OBJ files)...

8. conversion from Borland Pascal to Borland C

9. Source for Pascal Compilers and Pascal to C wanted

10. Borland Pascal to Borland C++ translator package?

11. I need a pascal file converted to C .

12. Compile CS source code using ICodeCompiler