doubts?
Author Message
 doubts?

:      I have a doubt.

This is good. C is a very Zen language, and this approach
will serve you well as you learn C.

: I am working in an xterm in UNIX.if i want to work
: in c how should i go about.I opened a file and wrote a c program,but
: id don't know how to execute it.Please help.I am a beginner.

The best thing to do here is find someone who knows this
stuff, and ask very politely for that person to
step you through it.

Scott

Tue, 04 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 doubts?

Quote:

> Hello,
>      I have a doubt.I am working in an xterm in UNIX.if i want to work
> in c how should i go about.I opened a file and wrote a c program,but
> id don't know how to execute it.Please help.I am a beginner.

Hi Sindu Dev,

The best way to go about it is to find a reliable receource of
information for self study (eg. a good book) or take a course somewhere.
You seem to be very new to the concept of programming and therefore need
some very basic tutoring.

Would you specifically need right now is an introduction to how to use
a Unix C compiler, or maybe even (depending on what system you are on)
how to get a Unix C compiler. All Unix systems are equipped with a
rudimentary C compiler, but this is sometimes only a stripped version
with reduced functionality (this depends on what system you use). Other
Unix versions come with a full functionality ANSI-C compiler.

This newsgroup mainly concerns itself with the aspects of the standard
C language. A good place to ask for further information is the hidout
of the Unix programming experts:

Stephan

Tue, 04 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. General: doubt reg the 'doubt clearers' here...

2. Doubt on Panel

3. Deployment doubt

4. Assemblies Doubt!!!

5. IDL doubt

6. Managed code security doubt

7. preprocessor symbol table doubt

8. Doubts about winsock program in SDI application

9. Doubts on multidimensional Arrays

10. doubt:gdb over longjmp

11. Doubt with args in c function

12. Doubt in test loop counter using a condition.