Microsoft C, version 4, circa 1985
Author Message
 Microsoft C, version 4, circa 1985

I found an old original copy of Microsoft's C compiler, version 4.0,
that I purchased years ago (I think in 1986.)  I have all eight
original 5 1/4" floppies and the three volumes, all in mint condition
(I didn't even smudge the pages with my chocolate-covered fingers!)
and in the original shipping box from Microsoft.

If you (or someone you know) is interested in "collecting" this fine
product with monumental historical significance or want to study the
binding methods used back in those "golden" years of Microsoft or
actually might want to use it for educational purposes or just want to
burn it in effigy in Washington (DC White House steps or Redmond,
either way), then let me know.  I'll be throwing the darned thing in
the garbage, along with earlier editions of Harbison and Steele and a
host of other computer books, otherwise.  (I buy and read several
thousand dollars of computer related books each year -- my 600 sq ft
library is starting to fill up, again!)

I have also sighted an older, but full, copy of PharLap's 386 DOS
extender tools, in the original box which I don't want or need.
Metaware's Pascal and C compilers are available, too.  Central Point's
COPYIIPC hardware and software for copying copy-protected floppies,
etc.  Older 386 and 486 motherboards, hard disks, floppies, modems,
multifunction cards, CD-ROM drives, 30-pin memory, and boxes of other
hardware are also available.

I've no problem shipping these things to a deserving home, if the
expenses of shipping can somehow be met.  If the story is good enough,
I might even pay the shipping!  Any profit (should anything that
unlikely occur) will be given to my local Autistic Children Activities
Program (501-C3.)

Jon

Fri, 07 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Microsoft C, version 4, circa 1985

To Jon Kirwan,

I am interesting in MS C.
I tried to e-mail to you, but I could not because of bad e-mail address (?)
So, I decided to post here.

Please e-mail me. I would like discuss about this.

Thank you

Fri, 07 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

2. Microsoft C version 7.0 or Quick C

3. Microsoft C/C++ Version 7.0

4. looking for microsoft visual c++ version 2.x

5. MicroSoft C version 5.10

6. Microsoft Visual C++ (latest version?)

7. Microsoft C Version 7.00 compiler option question

8. ??? Problems in Microsoft Datagrid Control Version 6.0 ????

9. Microsoft C version 7.0 or Quick C

10. How do I get Microsoft Visual C++ version 4.1c or earlier

11. Microsoft Help Worksop 4.01-->version 4.02

12. OLD VERSION OF MICROSOFT QUICK C 2.5