DBX makes program run?
Author Message
 DBX makes program run?

I came across a problem. My program can't run in Shell; but works in dbx.
The program  overflows some integer variables in shell while it doesn't
in dbx.
Does dbx change any data range?

Thank you for your kind attention and help!

Best Regards,
Yongxin Winson Zhu

Tue, 20 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 DBX makes program run?

Quote:
>I came across a problem. My program can't run in Shell; but works in dbx.
>The program  overflows some integer variables in shell while it doesn't
>in dbx.
>Does dbx change any data range?

>Thank you for your kind attention and help!

>Best Regards,
>Yongxin Winson Zhu

I am betting you are using an uninitialized pointer somewhere.  Dbx sometimes
causes memory to be allocated differently, and you can get this sort of effect
from a different random value in the pointer.  Another possible related cause
is reading a memory location before anything has been stored there.  Since
you are using dbx, you are probably on a UNIX system.  Does the program
cause a core dump?

Tue, 20 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. making pretty programs and dbx

2. Programmatically making a program automatically run when Windows is started

3. Making a list of running programs

4. newbie: runs in dbx, not outside

5. program runs in debuggin mode but not when running in the shell

6. Making properties available only at run-time

7. Running an mfc application made for 95 on NT

8. Is it possible to save changes made at run-time

9. making a cE app run as a service

10. Execution of another program from a running program

11. Program written in C slows other DOS programs when running on Pentium II or III

12. running other programs from a program