downloaded header file problem
Author Message
 downloaded header file problem

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm a C student, and I
downloaded some files from FTP which contained header files. I thought I
had these files in the right place , but when I go to run a program
containing one of the header files  functions, I get linker errors,
stating that a particular declaration in one of the header files can't be
found. How can I find out where to move these files to? I had a test
program which used these .h files when I got this error. Any help would
be appreciated.

Thu, 29 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 downloaded header file problem

Quote:

> Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm a C student, and I
> downloaded some files from FTP which contained header files.

There is a section in the FAQ which addresses this.  Until you learn to
read the FAQ, you will probably continue to be a C student.

Quote:

--

Thu, 29 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 downloaded header file problem

Quote:
> Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm a C student, and I
> downloaded some files from FTP which contained header files. I thought I
> had these files in the right place , but when I go to run a program
> containing one of the header files  functions, I get linker errors,
> stating that a particular declaration in one of the header files can't be
> found. How can I find out where to move these files to? I had a test
> program which used these .h files when I got this error. Any help would
> be appreciated.

<Jack>

The warning is exactly right.  A header file declares functions.  You also
need the bodies of the functions which usually comes in library files.

It is usually difficult to impossible to use header files from one
implementation in another, unless you get the source code with it.

</Jack>

Fri, 30 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. #ifndef/#ifdef problems in my header file (conditional header inclusion)

2. C Header files including header files, mutually referencing typedefs

3. STL header files vs non-STL header files

4. problems using one header file for multiple source files

5. Problem with HTTP download of various file types?

6. problems downloading local files with CInternetSession

7. Weird IE file download problem

8. Problem with file types and HTTP download?

9. Problems with CFTPConnection and downloading files

10. header in header files

11. Header files shall not #include any other headers

12. Problem with header files