C->->->->C++
Author Message
 C->->->->C++

Hi-
I'm going through the transition from C to C++ and it seems hard for me to
start thinking in object-oriented way. Does anybody know any good book or
books with some good examples and step-by-step explanations?

Thanks for any help.
Olga
Sergei L. Severinov
phone: (415)725-8929

Thu, 22 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 C->->->->C++

Quote:

>Hi-
>I'm going through the transition from C to C++ and it seems hard for me to
>start thinking in object-oriented way. Does anybody know any good book or
>books with some good examples and step-by-step explanations?

>Thanks for any help.
>Olga
>--

Try "Moving from C to C++" by Greg Perry. I've got it and it is
pretty good. It covers AT&T C++, which is a little outdated, but
if you are just starting with C++ it probably won't make any
difference.

Heath
--
Heath Holcomb

http://www.wfu.edu/~holcojh5/

Fri, 23 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 C->->->->C++

Olga,

Eric Nagler's "Learning C++ a Hands on Approach" is the book that did it
for me.

B.

Quote:
> Hi-
> I'm going through the transition from C to C++ and it seems hard for me
> start thinking in object-oriented way. Does anybody know any good book or
> books with some good examples and step-by-step explanations?

> Thanks for any help.
> Olga

Fri, 23 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 C->->->->C++

:
: >Hi-
: >I'm going through the transition from C to C++ and it seems hard for me to
: >start thinking in object-oriented way. Does anybody know any good book or
: >books with some good examples and step-by-step explanations?
: >
: >
: >Thanks for any help.
: >Olga
: >--
:
: Try "Moving from C to C++" by Greg Perry. I've got it and it is
: pretty good. It covers AT&T C++, which is a little outdated, but
: if you are just starting with C++ it probably won't make any
: difference.
:

"Moving from C to C++" by Greg Perry was the book I was looking for when I
was trying to switch however I couldn't lay my hands on a copy of it so I
picked up a copy of "Teach Yourself C++ Programming in 21 days"by Jesse
Liberty although it is plagued by minor errors and typos it is a good book
to convert over with and you can blow through it in about a week because
alot of it is a rehash of beginnning C stuff.  If you are at all famialiar
with C it should be no problem.

We go left, right, left, right, left-
They're left in the right again.
We go right, left, right, left, right-
We've no rights left anymore.

                -Martin Walkyier (Skyclad)

Sat, 24 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. B>C>C++>VC++(MFC)>RAW API PROGRAMMING>ATL>COM>OLE>ADO>ASP.............

2. >>>>>>>>> What would you like in a debugger?

3. <<<<<<<Parsing help, please>>>>>>>>

4. >>>> PUBLICATION QUALITY SOFTWARE MANUAL

5. File Format conversion, ascii freeform -->.csv <-->.wk1<-->dbf<-->?HELP

6. >>>Moving to C/C++

7. <<<>>>Need C code advice with functions and sorting.<<<>>>

8. >>>>>>Not enough C/UNIX people in NYC!

10. >>---> Software Jobs! >>--->

11. Why this bitwise error (>>>)

12. memory leak: pointer->pointer->pointer->struct