Utility to find out modified record using Checksum algorithm
Author Message
 Utility to find out modified record using Checksum algorithm

Quote:

>  Hello

>  A cobol program using C-ISAM utility updates a datafile which runs into
>  1.5 Gbytes. The record structure does not have a timestamp to identify
>  whether the record is modified or not. How exactly can the modified
>  record be identified by another application which uses the modified data
>  to do some analysis. Is there any C algorithm like Checksum which has
>been tested for its accuracy

>  Regards
>  Rajesh

I think you have a problem here. Your checksum will only tell you that
SOMETHING has changed, but it is not possible to identify WHAT.
It is may be a better idea to add a change log to your application.

Marcel.

Email: mlipman at iname dot com

Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom:
No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats,
approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less.

Sun, 19 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Checksums of a.outs

2. Need simple checksum algorithm

3. File checksum algorithm/code in C

4. Simple Checksum source/algorithm needed

5. Looking for checksum/digest algorithms.

6. Finding records using CRecordset

7. Problem finding first record using CDaoRecordset class

8. Problem with find a record using DAO

9. Problem finding first record using CDaoRecordset

10. Finding last record added using ODBC

11. Am I using the right find algorithm?

12. Need utility to extract database records from text