Saving BMP in BIG ENDIAN
Author Message
 Saving BMP in BIG ENDIAN

Hello,

Maybe somebody have any idea | hint how to save .bmp file in BIG endian format.
How can I get information about that?
THANKS,
Rob

Thu, 08 Jul 2004 04:43:50 GMT
 Saving BMP in BIG ENDIAN

Quote:

> Maybe somebody have any idea | hint how to save .bmp file in BIG endian format.
> How can I get information about that?

You could ask in a graphics newsgroup, or try a web search.
--
"I ran it on my DeathStation 9000 and demons flew out of my nose." --Kaz

Thu, 08 Jul 2004 04:45:49 GMT
 Saving BMP in BIG ENDIAN

Quote:

> Maybe somebody have any idea | hint how to save .bmp
> file in BIG endian format. How can I get information
> about that?

Grab a document describing the BMP format from http://www.wotsit.org/

Then follow that format when writing your binary file, except write integers
in big-endian format.

If you have trouble with the C coding, post your source for the newsgroup to
help you.

--
Simon.

Thu, 08 Jul 2004 04:56:45 GMT
 Saving BMP in BIG ENDIAN

Quote:
> Maybe somebody have any idea | hint how to save .bmp file in BIG endian
> format. How can I get information about that?

www.wotsit.org is the place.

Do you have a C question?

-ed- emdel at noos.fr
C-library: http://www.dinkumware.com/htm_cl/index.html

Thu, 08 Jul 2004 05:12:38 GMT

1. Big endian, little endian question.

2. Read double little endian on big endian machine

3. Big Endian/Little Endian

4. Big Endian->Little Endian for floats

5. big endian on SUN to little endian on Intel conversion

6. big-endian vs. little-endian

7. Big Endian/Little Endian

8. big endian or small endian

9. Big Endian vs Little Endian and other questions

10. Big endian to Little endian

11. little-endian and big-endian in bit-order

12. Big Endian - Little Endian