BC ++ Vs VC ++
Author Message
 BC ++ Vs VC ++

I have both compilers to play around with, but I'm not offering an opinion,
just an anecdote that a person seeking to acquire one or the other may
find of interest.

Why did I think I needed both compilers?  Perhaps I'm independently wealthy
or just foolish.  No.  This is what happened:

I went to Price Club and found VC++ Standard Edition for $80.  Then I went
across the street to Comp USA and found BC++ for $500.  Then I noticed the
BC++ Upgrade Package for $199.  So I went back to Price Club, bought VC++,
brought VC++ back to Comp USA and upgraded it BC++.  In this way, I ended
up with both compilers for almost half the price of BC++ alone!

The Comp USA salesman told me this conniving trick works for lots of big
money software.  For instance, you can buy a dusty old WORDSTAR for almost
nothing, then upgrade it to MSOFFICE at a savings of over 50%.

Rick Castrapel

Fri, 08 Aug 1997 16:44:36 GMT

1. iostream vs iostream.h -- VC++5 vs VC++6 problem

2. Dataease w/MSC vs w/BC !?

3. Problem with BC 3.1 vs. Gnu C

4. VC and BC

5. Query on compiling a VC++1.52 code on BC++4.52

6. passing bc object to vc dl

7. urgent : need calc program in VC or BC

8. From BC to VC++6

9. VC 6 vs VC7 (VS.net)

10. MFC in VC 6 vs MFC in VC 7 (.NET)

11. VC++6 vs VC++7 Optimizations...

12. Newbie Q: vc.atl vs vc.activex.templatelib