profiling using prof
Author Message
 profiling using prof

hi, I am compiling a program with -p option so that I can use prof to display the
profile data, I have a question. within the profile data there exists a procedure
called mcount which I never use or call , and it takes 20% of the time of the
execution, anyone could give me pointers to what is mcount and its purpose?
--
||  Shawki Areibi, Ph.D Student  Electrical and Computer Engineering ||
||  University of Waterloo       Waterloo, Ontario                   ||

Sat, 30 Sep 1995 05:34:50 GMT

1. Upgrading (?) VC++ 4.0 Prof to VC++ 4.2 Prof

2. Performance Analysis using prof

3. Profiling a dll with prep, profile from commandline.

4. Profile output window is blank when profiling with IDE

5. : How to display mail profile settings dialog box for the selected profile

6. Profile .ini or registry profile control

7. Using Profile on the Build menu in Dev Studio

8. Profiling using gprof

9. Visual Studio 97 Prof. on ebay

10. IS IT A PROF. ERROR

11. does my prof suck?