32-bit assembler instructions in c?
Author Message
 32-bit assembler instructions in c?

How do I use 32-bit assembler instructions, like
movsd and stosd in my c-programs?
If it's possible - please email the answer to this

Thanks!!

Mon, 10 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 32-bit assembler instructions in c?

Quote:

>How do I use 32-bit assembler instructions, like
>movsd and stosd in my c-programs?
>If it's possible - please email the answer to this

>Thanks!!

What chip are you trying to program? This is not standard C.

However many real-life flexible compilers allow Hardware/OS specific
instructions. One of them is Visual C. You can say something like :

_asm
  {
  mov ax, bx
  }

Please bear in mind, THIS IS NOT STANDARD C, It is not even C. :-)

--
/* --------------------------------------------------------

http://www.eskimo.com/~mag/index.html
To understand recursion one must first understand recursion
-------------------------------------------------------- */

Wed, 12 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. 32-bit VC 2.2 DLLs with 32-bit VB4

2. top 32 bits of 64-bit product of two 32-bit integers

3. Linking 32 bit VC++4.2 DLLs with VB4.0 32 bit

4. 32 bit Icons and C# VS.net (24 bit + 8 bit alpha)

5. signed 64bit (aka 32:32 bit) pseudo division and multiplication

6. 32-bit parallel crc-32 gen/chk with padding bytes

7. masking 1,2,4,8,16 bit values from 32 bit int

9. Help: porting 32-bit app to 64-bit Dec Alpha

10. 16 bit Library to a 32 bit library ...

11. Casting a 32-bit unsigned integer to a 16-bit unsigned integer

12. 16 bit code to 32 bit