help with a fast pattern matching utility requested
Author Message
 help with a fast pattern matching utility requested

I'm writing a Go program that needs to match a given subsection of the
board to a list of predefined patterns.  both are converted to strings,
so it becomes a 1-d problem.  The program is in C/C++.

a DFA is really the only option I see, but the question is how to
construct it? I considered using flex, but its not quite what i need -
instead of matching multiple tokens on one input, i need to match the
whole input string to one or several patterns (each time from the
beginning of the input).  Flex/lex is much too big for what I need - ie
much slower, and I was hoping for a way to add/subtract patterns from
the DFA w/o completely rebuilding it, if possible.
If anyone knows of a utility to do this in C, I would greatly appreciate

thanks,
Mike

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 03:27:54 GMT
 help with a fast pattern matching utility requested
I'm writing a Go program that needs to match a given subsection of the
board to a list of predefined patterns.  both are converted to strings,
so it becomes a 1-d problem.  The program is in C/C++.

a DFA is really the only option I see, but the question is how to
construct it? I considered using flex, but its not quite what i need -
instead of matching multiple tokens on one input, i need to match the
whole input string to one or several patterns (each time from the
beginning of the input).  Flex/lex is much too big for what I need - ie
much slower, and I was hoping for a way to add/subtract patterns from
the DFA w/o completely rebuilding it, if possible.
If anyone knows of a utility to do this in C, I would greatly appreciate

thanks,
Mike

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 03:28:15 GMT

1. Request for Sample Code in case sensitive pattern matching of string in C

2. looking for fast PD pattern matching functions

3. Regular Expressions/Pattern Matching/Unordered pattern

4. Help, Pattern used in Regex.Matches(...)

5. Help with Pattern Matching!

6. Pattern matching NEED HELP

7. pattern matching help

8. Help on string pattern matching?