Read data on serial port from C program
Author Message
 Read data on serial port from C program

Quote:

> Hi,

> Could anyone help me about where I can find any information about reading data
> on a Unix (Sun Solaris) serial port from a C program. I try to use Termios.h
> (tcgetattr(), c_cflag), but I do not have any results...
> Do you have any example of such an implementation ?

The standard C++ has no provisions for reading ports, this is a platform
specific issue.
You need to research these newsgroups:

Your compiler and operating system may provide facilities for serial ports.

--
Thomas Matthews

Mon, 02 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Read data on serial port from C program

Quote:

>> Hi,

>> Could anyone help me about where I can find any information about reading data>> on a Unix (Sun Solaris) serial port from a C program. I try to use Termios.h
>> (tcgetattr(), c_cflag), but I do not have any results...
>> Do you have any example of such an implementation ?

>The standard C++ has no provisions for reading ports, this is a platform
>specific issue.

Neither does standard C, this is after all comp.lang.c . :-)

Quote:
>You need to research these newsgroups:

That's the one.

This wouldn't, however, be appropriate. The question was about POSIX/Unix
system interfaces (tcgetattr() etc.is POSIX) not low level device drivers.

Quote:
>Your compiler and operating system may provide facilities for serial ports.

Indeed, in POSIX tcgetattr() etc. is it.

Wed, 04 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How can ia read serial port data

2. how can i read serial port data

3. reading data from serial/parallel port(s)

4. reading data from a serial port

5. How to read data from serial port?

6. Read data from the serial port???

7. How to read data from serial port?

8. Has anybody read data from a serial port?

9. Question: Reading data from serial or parallel port

10. How to read data from serial port?

11. I can't read serial port data.

12. Serial port to serial port copying software