Student(Beginner) - How do I use Borlands Profiler?
Author Message
 Student(Beginner) - How do I use Borlands Profiler?

in comp.lang.c:

Quote:
> Hi all,

> Please can someone help me or point me to information on using the profilers
> that come with Borlands C++ v5.02. I have tried both profilers on some code
> i've written but neither profiler will accept them. I have set the MAP file
> check box in the Linker options and a MAP file is being generated. I have
> been coding WIN32 console progs mainly although I have done some 16bitDOS
> versions and get the same results (wrong image error).

> Oh yes, the windows profiler mouse pointer is out of sync with the cursor
> (very annoying), how can I get them to sync.

> Any help on the above would be gratefully appreciated. I am studying for a
> degree in Software Engineering and would like to improve my coding by seeing
> exactly where my progs are spending most of their time in the code and
> perhaps then doing a bit of optimization.

> Many thanks
> Mike

The place to get information on Borland specific compilers is in the
many newsgroups which Borland supports.  Probably
borland.public.cpp.commandlinetools.  Go to
http://www.*-*-*.com/
to access them with your newsreader.

As a software engineer you should understand that:

1.  A group named comp.lang.c discusses the C language.

2.  The C language doesn't define the operations of specific
compilers.

3.  The C language certainly doesn't define additional utilities which
might or might not come with any particular brand of compiler, like
de{*filter*}s or profilers.

It will stand you in good stead in your programming career if you
understand the logic that number 1 plus number 2 plus number 3 add up
to the fact that you are way off topic here!

Jack Klein
--
Home: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 26 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

Wed, 27 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP: USING MS DLLs IN BORLANDS C++ BUILDER

2. A really free site, for beginners and students

3. struct student student

4. Beginner: Problems Using OLE Forms using VC++ 4.0

5. Error using Profiler

6. Help on using the Profiler

7. Redirecting standard I/O when using the profiler

8. HiProf profiler, using with VC6

9. Problem using the Profiler and program DLL's

10. can this be done using C# in .NET?

11. Borlands c/c++ compiler help!!

12. Format of Borlands *.BGI Files