TCP/UDP sockets in Visual C++.
Author Message
 TCP/UDP sockets in Visual C++.

Hi,

Could anyone shoe me how to implement TCP/UDP sockets in Visual C++. Or is
that only a Unix concept ?

Shahzad

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 TCP/UDP sockets in Visual C++.
ask in
microsoft.public.vc
alt.winsock
alt.winsock.programming

Quote:
> Hi,

> Could anyone shoe me how to implement TCP/UDP sockets in Visual C++. Or is
> that only a Unix concept ?

> Shahzad

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 TCP/UDP sockets in Visual C++.
Duck & run to :

comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.winsock

before you get flamed for asking non ANSI C questions.

Bye,
Chris

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 TCP/UDP sockets in Visual C++.

thats the point. I want to keep my program ANSI c++. is there no ANSI
libraries that implement sockets ?

Shahzad

Quote:

>Duck & run to :

>comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.winsock

>before you get flamed for asking non ANSI C questions.

>Bye,
>Chris

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 TCP/UDP sockets in Visual C++.

Quote:

> >Duck & run to :

> >comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.winsock

> >before you get flamed for asking non ANSI C questions.

> thats the point. I want to keep my program ANSI c++. is there no ANSI
> libraries that implement sockets ?

If you want C++, you'll have to ask next door (c.l.c++), but there are
certainly no ANSI C functions for sockets - or any other networking.

Richard

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 TCP/UDP sockets in Visual C++.

Quote:

> thats the point. I want to keep my program ANSI c++. is there no ANSI
> libraries that implement sockets ?

> Shahzad

> >Duck & run to :

> >comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.winsock

> >before you get flamed for asking non ANSI C questions.

> >Bye,
> >Chris

i've only briefly looked at winsock so i'm no expert .. but i believe the
calls are the same/almost the same on unix systems (which i have
experience on) it shouldn't be a hard task to filter out these
differences.

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 TCP/UDP sockets in Visual C++.

Quote:

> > thats the point. I want to keep my program ANSI c++. is there no
ANSI
> > libraries that implement sockets ?

> i've only briefly looked at winsock so i'm no expert .. but i believe
the
> calls are the same/almost the same on unix systems (which i have
> experience on) it shouldn't be a hard task to filter out these
> differences.

Actually, the difference between Winsock and Posix sockets can be
pretty substantial, depending on the socket features required.  It is
possible to write socket code that is portable across both, but it does
require a few well placed #ifdefs and coding to a common functionality
denominator.

--Kevin

http://www.precisonline.com
http://www.precisonline.com/gold.htm

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 TCP/UDP sockets in Visual C++.

Quote:

> > >Duck & run to :

> > >comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.winsock

> > >before you get flamed for asking non ANSI C questions.

> > thats the point. I want to keep my program ANSI c++. is there no ANSI
> > libraries that implement sockets ?

> If you want C++, you'll have to ask next door (c.l.c++), but there are
> certainly no ANSI C functions for sockets - or any other networking.

<OT>
Neither are there any ANSI C++ functions or classes for sockets - or any
other networking.
</OT>

        AriL
--
Pain and disappointment are inevitable. Misery is optional.
Homepaged at http://www.angelfire.com/or/lukumies

Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. client-server using UDP for Visual C++ 6.0

2. TCP/IP client-server aplication on sockets in C++ Builder

3. Securing TCP/UDP?

4. How to Close Local Tcp/Udp Connection?

5. Using CAsyncSocket with TCP and UDP packets

6. Difference between tcp and udp

7. Messaging TCP/UDP NAT/ICS

8. MULTIPLE SERVER TCP/IP CONNECTION USING MS VISUAL C++

9. Close a UDP socket

10. Q: Writing UDP Socket in C...

11. udp socket

12. UDP Datagram sockets