Need Help with a SIMPLE mouse control program in C.
Author Message
 Need Help with a SIMPLE mouse control program in C.

I have seen a few bits of code here and there, but it looks kinda
complicated, I am new to C Language and would like a simple mouse
control prgm.  I DON'T need a fancy mouse cursor, just a BLOCK will do
fine, and I just need it so it:
1: Displays a BLOCK with moves around
2: Can have coordinates read-off so that when it is at certain points
on the screen and a user clicks a button, it calls a function in my
program.

THAT IS ALL I WANT/NEED IT TO DO.  If some kind soul can give me the
basics in C on how to do that I would appreciate it.
BTW, I am using MIX-C, a real stinko compiler, but that is what I have
to use, so if the mouse program can be written in Standard C for a
MS-DOS type computer, that would be helpful, ie, examples for BC++ or
MSC will not help me.
Also, it looks like Assembly language is needed, is this true?
                                  Thank You!

| VHF Repeater System            Cherry Hill, NJ - KF2EK Repeater 145.370MHz  |
| Computer Operating System      OS/2 2.0 - Why settle for less?              |

Thu, 07 Sep 1995 06:32:32 GMT
 Need Help with a SIMPLE mouse control program in C.

|> THAT IS ALL I WANT/NEED IT TO DO.  If some kind soul can give me the
|> basics in C on how to do that I would appreciate it.

I don't remember the titles but there are some books around dealing
with mice and men. Maybe TAB-Books? Maybe Norton?

|> BTW, I am using MIX-C, a real stinko compiler, but that is what I have
|> to use, so if the mouse program can be written in Standard C for a
|> MS-DOS type computer, that would be helpful, ie, examples for BC++ or
|> MSC will not help me.
|> Also, it looks like Assembly language is needed, is this true?

Well you definitely have to call Interuppt functions. The use of
assembly language depends on the ability of your compiler, especially
the runtime lib. If you have something like dosx() your on the lucky
side.

--
*     FG Neuronale Netzwerke / Uni Kassel       *
*     Jochen Ruhland                            *

/// Watson's extension to murphy's law:
 There's always one more PTF
/// The AIX Lemma to Watson's extension:
 You'll always need one more pre-req

Sat, 09 Sep 1995 01:18:46 GMT

1. Beginner needs to compile a simple program in Think C.

2. Programming in C. Help needed.

3. bind mouse clicks to keys need help with programming

4. Need help to control Mouse in DOS (how 2 prog)

5. Need some help in writing a simple C program

6. Need some help in writing a simple C program

7. Need Help on simple ISAM like program

8. need help in extremely simple c program

9. need help debugging simple c program

10. Need some help with tweeking a simple program

11. Help on a simple calculator program which needs Trigo, Arithmethic, log functions..[Apologies for repeat mail]

12. Need help with simple C Program