Password algorithm/method
Author Message
 Password algorithm/method

Quote:
>Hello all on the list!

>I'm doing a logon sequence on my Accounting program and I was
>wondering if there is a password algoithm I can download....

crypt()

Requires a crypt library, like libufc.
There might be a Windoze version, but I'm not sure.

crypt lets you store passwords as 13-byte strings. It is NOT a password
storage algorithm but a one way verification one.

Each password can have 4096 different cryptarithms (is that the right
word?) - they are determined by the salt, a two byte piece of data
passed to crypt().

BUT.. if you use crypt, MAKE SURE YOUR USERS DO NOT USE DICTIONARY
WORDS, or else people can use crack on the password file and find out
your passwords.

Passwords like '2sd3a14'x%0" are hell to remember, but they're the sort
you should use with crypt.

crypt is also used in UNIX passwd. Grab hold of Linux and get the
source!
--
Revised anti-spam in use : remove X to reply -
'Xnetbook' becomes 'netbook'

Anti-spam thermonuclear warheads cheap at only $300!

Fri, 07 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Algorithm for Password

2. Password Issue Algorithm

3. best method to store passwords

4. Tunnelling service methods into a single method

5. Can a method be declared inside another method?

6. Why static method cannot be abstract method?

7. Dynamic Method call ( Invoke method ) failing in service when compiled as ReleaseMinDependancy

8. calling an interface method from another method in the same class

9. Calling a method from within a method, legal?

10. use method from CMainFrm class fin CMyappApp::InitInstance method of an SDI app

11. Hidden methods vs Overriden Methods