Free OS/2 c or c++ compiler
Author Message
 Free OS/2 c or c++ compiler

Hi ppl.

I am looking for an os/2 c compiler.  I believe there is a gnu one but
can't find it...  I have had a quick read of the FAQ but couldn't find
anything.

Pointers please :)

.t

Thu, 27 Mar 1997 20:16:50 GMT
 Free OS/2 c or c++ compiler

Quote:
>Hi ppl.

>I am looking for an os/2 c compiler.  I believe there is a gnu one but
>can't find it...  I have had a quick read of the FAQ but couldn't find
>anything.

>Pointers please :)

You can get the GNU gcc 2.5.8 for OS/2 from ftp.cdrom.com.  I'm not sure
if 2.5.8 is the latest version, but the latest version should be there. I
just got the latest OS/2 beta CD and I'll check it if you're really
interested.

Hope this helps

     Author of the INTERNET-MENU for OpenVMS and Learn C/C++ TODAY List
                          * Email me for details *
Geek Code: GE d? -p+ c++++ l++ u++ e- m--- s+/+ n--- h++ f? g+ w++ t+++ y+ y*

Sat, 29 Mar 1997 12:04:10 GMT
 Free OS/2 c or c++ compiler

[  SNIP %<  ]

: You can get the GNU gcc 2.5.8 for OS/2 from ftp.cdrom.com.  I'm not sure
: if 2.5.8 is the latest version, but the latest version should be there. I
: just got the latest OS/2 beta CD and I'll check it if you're really
: interested.

Does anyone know if the gnu compiler for OS/2 has any op. sys. specific
libraries to facilitate programming threads?  I've seen commercial
compilers advertising support for threads, but I'm a very poor CS
student; I don't have the money, currently, to buy another expensive
software package.  I want to try my head at a multi-threaded program, as
I've an idea for which I believe it will prove useful.  If the gnu compiler
doesn't support this, could anyone point me in a direction that would at
least be moderately affordable?

[ long .sig, etc. deleted    SNIP %<  ]

Tahoma.

Tue, 01 Apr 1997 01:53:34 GMT

1. C/C++ Compiler for Mac OS 7.6

2. Porting C++ code to new compiler and OS

3. Free Borland C++ 5.5 compiler!

4. free C++ Compiler

5. Need a free C/C++ compiler for DOS

6. Free C/C++ compiler for MacOS?

7. Need Turbo C/ C++ compiler free

8. FREE: Borland C/C++ Compilers

9. Free C/C++ Compiler

10. Borland releases C++ 5.5 compiler for free!

11. free c/c++ compilers