DOS/Windows file header information required
Author Message
 DOS/Windows file header information required

Does anyone know of a source of information regarding PC file headers?
I am currently writing a file analysis program in 'C' and would like to be
able to read info from a file (DLL, EXE etc.) and display this information
in a meaningful way.
I would appreciate any help on this topic.

Wed, 11 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 DOS/Windows file header information required

Quote:
>Does anyone know of a source of information regarding PC file headers?
>I am currently writing a file analysis program in 'C' and would like to be
>able to read info from a file (DLL, EXE etc.) and display this information
>in a meaningful way.

The C language doesn't define the formats of such files. Try asking in
a DOS or Windows related newsgroup such as comp.os.msdos.misc or
comp.os.ms-windows.misc.

Thu, 12 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dos/Windows header files?

2. Reading/Writing information from a header file

3. Writing RIFF header information to a WAVE file

4. Writing RIFF header information to WAVE file

5. C Header files including header files, mutually referencing typedefs

6. STL header files vs non-STL header files

7. Accessing Windows' file type information

8. windows.h header/include file

9. Header files for windows (poss off topic)

10. windows.h header file

11. Windows header files

12. Help Me (Windows Header Files)