Cool 
Author Message
 Cool

Quote:

> Heh.  Cool newsgroup.

We are SOOOO pleased that you like and enjoy it.

--
********************************************

********************************************
The real art of conversation is not only to
say the right thing in the right place, but
to leave unsaid the wrong thing in a tempting moment.
                                Dorothy Nevil



Wed, 05 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Cool



Quote:

>> Heh.  Cool newsgroup.

>We are SOOOO pleased that you like and enjoy it.

Yeah, I enjoy it too. In case you haven't noticed, I'm trying to get the
record for 'most posts' that someone does. And, of course, I want to do
my bit to help people, like I hope they'll help me when I get stuck.

--
Revised anti-spam in use : remove X to reply -
'Xnetbook' becomes 'netbook'

Anti-spam thermonuclear warheads cheap at only $300!



Sat, 08 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Cool

Quote:




> >> Heh.  Cool newsgroup.

> >We are SOOOO pleased that you like and enjoy it.

> Yeah, I enjoy it too. In case you haven't noticed, I'm trying to get the
> record for 'most posts' that someone does. And, of course, I want to do
> my bit to help people, like I hope they'll help me when I get stuck.

It's the quality of the replies that counts, not the quantity ;-)
Don't answer just to increase your answer count by one. That's wasted
bandwidth. And don't answer if you're just guessing. You should try to
avoid overlooking th obvious correct answer and give a wrong one
instead.

Please don't be angry about this lecturing, but I just read another
post from you where you scored a perfect miss. Being wrong happens
to any of us here at c.l.c (with some obvious exceptions) and is
in most cases detected by others. But telling the world in another
posting that you're just trying to push out the highest number of
postings is a bit suspect.

Stephan
(initiator of the campaign against grumpiness in c.l.c)



Sun, 09 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Cool


scribbled :

Quote:
>Please don't be angry about this lecturing, but I just read another
>post from you where you scored a perfect miss. Being wrong happens
>to any of us here at c.l.c (with some obvious exceptions) and is
>in most cases detected by others. But telling the world in another
>posting that you're just trying to push out the highest number of
>postings is a bit suspect.

Hmm.. I see what you mean. That's why I've been trying, for the most
part, to answer the newbie questions where the replies are often easy,
and only going into deep coding aspects when I think I'm pretty much
right. I've been going for the 'What compiler should I use' questions,
rather than the 'How can I embed assembly language inside Pascal inside
Modula inside C' questions :)

--
Revised anti-spam in use : remove X to reply -
'Xnetbook' becomes 'netbook'

Anti-spam thermonuclear warheads cheap at only $300!



Mon, 10 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Cool jobs at a cool company.

2. Looking for a cool .NET desktop wallpaper

3. Need cool webservice to play around with...

4. C Storage Classes are Cool!

5. New (cool) library announcement

6. A cool bug...

7. Cool User Interface

8. Looking for a cool .NET desktop wallpaper

9. Cool programming project?

10. Hey Guys, Visit this Cool Programming Site

11. Hey Will or Ben or someone else cool

12. Cool New Search Engine 6328

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software