.... a doubt about DLL
Author Message
 .... a doubt about DLL

I have just started with c programming and I want to know with anyone could
help me.

......I'm using a Windows 2000 system and when I try to
debug a "socket program" using Visual C++ 6.0 I have many  messages like:

Loaded 'C:\WINNT\System32\ntdll.dll', no matching symbolic information
found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\kernel32.dll', no matching symbolic information
found.
.
.
.
The program has exited with code 0 (0x0).

What I have to do? Do I have to swap something in my source code?

Thanks in advance
sandra

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 07:57:16 GMT
 .... a doubt about DLL
First the generic warning: things that appear to relate to
operating system- or compiler-specific problems should be posted
to their specific newsgroup, rather than comp.lang.c. One of the
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.* groups would probably be a good
bet for your problems (someone posted a more complete list of
other groups a few days ago).

<off-topic>
The "no matching symbolic information" messages are normal, and
simply mean that the DLL referenced is not a debug version. The
only time this will become a problem will be if you want to set
breakpoints or debug the actual DLL, i.e. very rarely. Many of
the standard DLLs are not actually available as debug versions.

In short, you're doing just fine...
</off-topic>

Cheers,
Chris

Quote:

> I have just started with c programming and I want to know with anyone could
> help me.

> ......I'm using a Windows 2000 system and when I try to
> debug a "socket program" using Visual C++ 6.0 I have many  messages like:

> Loaded 'C:\WINNT\System32\ntdll.dll', no matching symbolic information
> found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\kernel32.dll', no matching symbolic information
> found.
> .
> .
> .
> The program has exited with code 0 (0x0).

> What I have to do? Do I have to swap something in my source code?

> Thanks in advance
> sandra

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 08:13:18 GMT
 .... a doubt about DLL

Quote:
>I have just started with c programming and I want to know with anyone could
>help me.

>......I'm using a Windows 2000 system and when I try to
>debug a "socket program" using Visual C++ 6.0 I have many  messages like:

>Loaded 'C:\WINNT\System32\ntdll.dll', no matching symbolic information
>found.
>Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\kernel32.dll', no matching symbolic information
>found.

Unfortunately the implementation details of specific OSs and compilers
(including .DLL files) are not topical here. Good newsgroups to get help
for this question would probably be comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
or one of the microsoft.public.vc.* newsgroups.

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 07:33:34 GMT

1. Atl.dll doubt

2. simple doubt-dll

3. Simple doubt-Dll

4. Doubt: DLLs and calling conventions

5. Doubts of beginner. (resource-only DLL)

6. DLL Registration Doubt(WINCE)

7. General: doubt reg the 'doubt clearers' here...

8. Doubt on Panel

9. Deployment doubt

10. Assemblies Doubt!!!

11. IDL doubt