C and Regexps
Author Message
 C and Regexps

Hi All,

I've got a homepage with a lot of perl scripts, it's working fine, but I
think it's a little bit too slow. I decided to use perl, because I use a lot
of Regexps, I heard there was a c library for using regexps, but I only
found a lib for C++, and I want to use C. Does anybody know where I can find
a library for working with regexp, I'm using gcc on a linux station (i386)

Greetz Erwin de Villeneuve

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 C and Regexps

Quote:

> I've got a homepage with a lot of perl scripts, it's working fine, but
> think it's a little bit too slow. I decided to use perl, because I use
a lot
> of Regexps, I heard there was a c library for using regexps,

Go to http://www.snippets.org, there is a regexp package together with
many other C utilities.
Ciao Paolo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 C and Regexps

: I've got a homepage with a lot of perl scripts, it's working fine, but
: I think it's a little bit too slow. I decided to use perl, because I
: use a lot of Regexps, I heard there was a c library for using regexps,
: but I only found a lib for C++, and I want to use C. Does anybody know
: where I can find a library for working with regexp, I'm using gcc on a
: linux station (i386)

The ANSI C languge does not have any support for regular expression
processing.  However, given that you have the most excellent fortune
of working on a linux box, the newsgroup comp.unix.programmer or
comp.os.linux.development.apps would be good, appropriate places to post
your query.  <off_topic>In the meantime, you can try typing 'man regex'
on your shell's command line.</offtopic>

Good Luck,

Paul

--
Paul D. Boyle

North Carolina State University
http://laue.chem.ncsu.edu/web/xray.welcome.html

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 C and Regexps

Quote:

> Hi All,

> I've got a homepage with a lot of perl scripts, it's working fine, but I
> think it's a little bit too slow. I decided to use perl, because I use a lot
> of Regexps, I heard there was a c library for using regexps, but I only
> found a lib for C++, and I want to use C. Does anybody know where I can find
> a library for working with regexp, I'm using gcc on a linux station (i386)

It's shareware, so you can go and have a look at the YGrep Search Engine.
It's source code (highly portable) is available to the registered user of
the Devleoper Kit.

Yves
--
Yves ROUMAZEILLES is author of the YGrep Search Engine
27-31 rue Robert de Flers    Tl: +33 (0)1.45.75.92.75

http://perso.magic.fr/roumazeilles/ygrep.htm

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 C and Regexps

Quote:

> > Hi All,

> > I've got a homepage with a lot of perl scripts, it's working fine, but I
> > think it's a little bit too slow. I decided to use perl, because I use a lot
> > of Regexps, I heard there was a c library for using regexps, but I only
> > found a lib for C++, and I want to use C. Does anybody know where I can find
> > a library for working with regexp, I'm using gcc on a linux station (i386)

> It's shareware, so you can go and have a look at the YGrep Search Engine.
> It's source code (highly portable) is available to the registered user of
> the Devleoper Kit.

> Yves
> --

The regexp library came with the linux & gcc system he is using. RTFM!

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

2. How to show/call Form2.cs from Form1.cs ?

3. Include code in other Cs files

5. word - automatic numbering/bold/underline/italics

6. How to Generate .cs file at Runtime

7. newbe/cs student, need help w/ code

8. Serial.cs

9. Compile CS source code using ICodeCompiler

10. Two CS files (using namespaces)

11. My .cs files were deleted!?

12. Unable to install Duwamish 7 CS