undefined symbol _main in module c0.ASM ?? how to get rid of this
Author Message
 undefined symbol _main in module c0.ASM ?? how to get rid of this

I get this error undefined symbol _main in module c0.ASM ??? How can I get
rid of this error message? It happens when the IDE is doing the link..

thanks
Peter

Sun, 20 Apr 1997 10:56:32 GMT
 undefined symbol _main in module c0.ASM ?? how to get rid of this

Quote:

>I get this error undefined symbol _main in module c0.ASM ??? How can I get
>rid of this error message? It happens when the IDE is doing the link..

Check and make sure that you're compiling a file that has
main() defined. What often happens is that you have multiple files
and haven't built a project file, therefore your main() is not
being linked.

Look in the (Borland?) manual under "project files" and "main()".

--
*   Billy Chambless                     University of Southern Mississippi
* " If you call a function without knowing how it is prototyped, you get

Sun, 20 Apr 1997 12:08:47 GMT
 undefined symbol _main in module c0.ASM ?? how to get rid of this

Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: undefined symbol _main in module c0.ASM ?? how to get rid of this

Quote:

>I get this error undefined symbol _main in module c0.ASM ??? How can I get
>rid of this error message?

Simple, write a function called main()...

If you already have an int Pascal WinMain(HANDLE hInstance,
HANDLE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow),
your IDE hasn't understood you're trying to make a
Windows program.  Look under "target" or something similar.

--
Miguel Carrasquer         ____________________  ~~~
Amsterdam                [                  ||]~

--
|Fidonet:  Miguel Carrasquer 17:514/115

Sun, 20 Apr 1997 14:40:24 GMT
 undefined symbol _main in module c0.ASM ?? how to get rid of this

Quote:

>I get this error undefined symbol _main in module c0.ASM ??? How can I get
>rid of this error message?

Simple, write a function called main()...

If you already have an int PASCAL WinMain(HANDLE hInstance,
HANDLE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow),
your IDE hasn't understood you're trying to make a
Windows program.  Look under "target" or something similar.

--
Miguel Carrasquer         ____________________  ~~~
Amsterdam                [                  ||]~

Sun, 20 Apr 1997 14:40:24 GMT
 undefined symbol _main in module c0.ASM ?? how to get rid of this

: I get this error undefined symbol _main in module c0.ASM ??? How can I get
: rid of this error message? It happens when the IDE is doing the link..

The module you have just attempted to build/link does not contain your "main"
procedure.

: thanks
: Peter

TTFN Fraz

Sun, 20 Apr 1997 16:36:38 GMT

1. bc 3.11 linker error: undefined symbol _main in module c0.asm. please help.

2. Linker Error: Undefined symbol _main in module ___

3. Linker error> Undefined symbol in module

4. c0.asm error

5. Having trouble getting rid of some unresolved symbols in VC++ 5.0

6. Having trouble getting rid of some unresolved symbols in VC++ 5.0

7. Linker Error: Undefined symbol '_main' in module C0L

8. VC7: Using symbol server for symbols AND modules

9. Borland C++ and 32bit registers in asm modules

10. asm, asm, where fore art thou, asm?

11. Undefined symbol 'identifier'

12. Undefined symbol error